hey guys well i did some searching and didnt find much even though im sure theres a thread like this somewhere. so for a while i wa sset on getting a boss me-70 cause the idea of having lots of effects in one was very appealing. Then i noticed that a lot of people claim that multi effects sounds much worse than if you individually buy a delay pedal, od pedal, phaser etc. and run it together . So i have an od and wah pedal already and figured maybe i should just drop 250 and get the line 6 dl 4 delay pedal. The only thing im unhappy about with it is that when you make a loop you can only play clean over it but w.e. a loop station is on my to buy list for sure. I was wondering do you guys think its a better idea to just buy pedals individually or all in one cause right now getting individual pedals that i SPECIFICALLY want and KNOW i will use for certain songs is more appealing to me to be honest. thanks guys!
I had a similar problem a while back - I went for the multi-effects and have since ditched it for individual pedals. In all honesty it depends on what you NEED. I NEEDED lots of effects because I was starting to gig etc. so a multi-effects was the best option and I knew eventually it would be replaced with individual units. Your call really. Just out of interest, what kind of delay are you looking for? A subtle one or something that does really trippy stuff etc?
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

BE AFRAID OF THE MODIFIED BEAR!

I know I am
Quote by chordios
I had a similar problem a while back - I went for the multi-effects and have since ditched it for individual pedals. In all honesty it depends on what you NEED. I NEEDED lots of effects because I was starting to gig etc. so a multi-effects was the best option and I knew eventually it would be replaced with individual units. Your call really. Just out of interest, what kind of delay are you looking for? A subtle one or something that does really trippy stuff etc?

hmmm leaning more to trippy. and i dont NEED tons of pedals cause im not in a band for example im getting really into fall of troy and a LOT of their songs use delay plus incubus and muse def have their fair share too plus common tell me it wouldnt be sweet to have a trippy delay during the solo of some pink floyd songs as well ha
Ah righty. I'd recommend individual pedals then Sounds like you'll need a digital delay too - Boss DD-7's are highly held around here You may want to look into a Line 6 DL4 too. If you want an analog one (something that sounds warmer; but won't be able to delay for as long as a digital) i'll recommend an MXR Carbon Copy. Try some of them out.
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

I know I am
Quote by chordios
Ah righty. I'd recommend individual pedals then Sounds like you'll need a digital delay too - Boss DD-7's are highly held around here You may want to look into a Line 6 DL4 too. If you want an analog one (something that sounds warmer; but won't be able to delay for as long as a digital) i'll recommend an MXR Carbon Copy. Try some of them out.

yup yup tried the first two so far the dl 4 i liked more than the boss just cause the tap tempo thing was easy to use and it had more kinds of delay and settings to mess with plus the ability to do presets but thats also why its going to be like 70 dollars more
Then go used You might as well get the one you want - if you go for the budget option all you'll want to do is buy what you would have bought at a later point when you have more money.
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation

I know I am
Quote by chordios
Then go used You might as well get the one you want - if you go for the budget option all you'll want to do is buy what you would have bought at a later point when you have more money.

hmmm maybe cause i can already get 25 off of it cause guitar center is having a sale or something and the idea of used with stuff like that is i have no idea how the other person treated it and for all i know it can stop working the next day and that person wouldnt give a **** less cause he already has the money
If you can drop the money to buy individual effects, I promise you, you will be much happier. That said, if you're looking to find out what effects you're lusting for, then multieffects are great for discovering and learning.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Sounds like you don't want to go used Okidoodle, if i were you i'd save up a little longer then get the Line 6 then
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation

I know I am
Quote by chordios
Sounds like you don't want to go used Okidoodle, if i were you i'd save up a little longer then get the Line 6 then

yup ive been saving up money cause i was really planning on getting the boss me-70 but then i tried the line 6 and was like ok this is a legit delay pedal so im gonna go get that toy tomorrow hopefully thanks a bunch for the help man made my decision much easier
Also, Malekko Ekko <sp?> is a tremendous unit for Delay.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
rack-mounted multi's on average tend to have much higher quality fx than their "really big many buttoned stompbox" cousins... even better than individuals in some cases.

the DL4 is a legit delay. avoid boss and digitech at all costs. i'd also say take a look at used stuff like home dude mentioned... and guitar center has THEIR BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR!!! Year! year... like once or twice a month (or whenever they're failing quota). big deal, let it slide.
Quote by GrisKy
rack-mounted multi's on average tend to have much higher quality fx than their "really big many buttoned stompbox" cousins... even better than individuals in some cases.

the DL4 is a legit delay. avoid boss and digitech at all costs. i'd also say take a look at used stuff like home dude mentioned... and guitar center has THEIR BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR!!! Year! year... like once or twice a month (or whenever they're failing quota). big deal, let it slide.

i dont get it....im not getting the pedal cause i think their having a huge sale, they actually never put that pedal on any price drop when they have sales, i was simply saying that i have a 10% off coupon from them that im going to use it to take some bills off the price and that i have been saving for this for a while...i also mentioned im not getting it used cause if it stops working the next day i buy it i cant do anything about it whereas if i buy it new i know that IM the person using it from the get go and obv that ill treat it well.

as for the multi effects, i experimented and think individual effects are a better and more versatile idea, everyone has their own opinion though so its all good peace
I just bought the TC electronic nova delay. I love it, 9 presets, seperate tap tempo switch or (tap tempo by strings!!), a decent u2 sounding delay and a bunch of other crazy stuff. you should try it out.
Fender Am. Dlx Strat HSS LT
Budda budwah
Fulltone OCD NEW!
Tonebone trimode
EB VP JR. NEW!
Boss TU-2 Tuner
TCE ND-1 nova delay
Voodoo Labs PP2+
Dimarzio Ygnwie, mogami gold, monster rock cables
BH little giant half stack
Quote by dsmor180
i dont get it....im not getting the pedal cause i think their having a huge sale, they actually never put that pedal on any price drop when they have sales, i was simply saying that i have a 10% off coupon from them that im going to use it to take some bills off the price and that i have been saving for this for a while...i also mentioned im not getting it used cause if it stops working the next day i buy it i cant do anything about it whereas if i buy it new i know that IM the person using it from the get go and obv that ill treat it well.

as for the multi effects, i experimented and think individual effects are a better and more versatile idea, everyone has their own opinion though so its all good peace

ok, i think that first i misunderstood you about the coupon thing, but i'm pretty certain that you also misunderstood me about the rack fx thing. rack fx units, on average, are going to produce much higher quality fx than most (if not all) floor-multi-fx boards. individual pedals are a great way to go if you get good ones, no doubt. that's why i said the dl4 was legit, because it is a pretty good pedal for the price tag. check out fulltone or maxon to hear what REALLY ****ING INCREDIBLE sounds like.

ah, nevermind.