Yerp, great site.
Quote by Shinobi1791

Damn you Sludge Metal community! We want Trent Reznor back.
My bro and I have never had a problem with them. We've bought guitars, a half stack and a bunch of cables/strings/etc from them and there wasn't a problem. Just check about shipping details if you're not from the UK, only thing I can think of that might be a catch.
“This was a manuscript of the night we couldn’t read.”
Every guitar that I've bought from there has had a really warped neck, so I had to send them back. Everything else has been fine...
Friendliest customer support I have EVER seen. I have to rate them above Thomann only because the guys at Thomann aren't fluent English speakers GAK and Digital Village are no Guitar Centre that's for sure...
Quote by Aidy Damage
Every guitar that I've bought from there has had a really warped neck, so I had to send them back. Everything else has been fine...

Really? How many guitars had that issue?
they can be hit and miss - sometimes you get your order within a matter of days, other times they will leave you waiting for months and never give a reason why. it's a gamble.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Ordering with them is certainly a gamble and their so-called customer service is terrible. Between myself and my friends I've experienced/witnessed seventeen orders from them now and only two or three have gone smoothly. Others have been the wrong item, a broken or clearly used item, huge delays we hadn't been informed about, etc etc. Also for larger parcels GAK will often ask you for a time and date you'd prefer it to be delivered - but don't worry about this because no matter what time and date you give them, they'll never stick to it.

Also, dv247 is now often as cheap or cheaper than GAK, so there's less and less point in using GAK. The only problem with dv247 is that they don't update their stock count often, so if what you're after is a new release, very old or very popular, they might say they're in stock but actually they won't be and you'll only get told about this after they've taken your money. Luckily they're nicer about it than GAK are - at least dv247 have the decency to tell you there will be a delay, give you a rough estimate on the actual delivery time, and a couple of times they've given me partial refunds or given me free priority shipping to compensate.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Ordering with them is certainly a gamble and their so-called customer service is terrible. Between myself and my friends I've experienced/witnessed seventeen orders from them now and only two or three have gone smoothly. Others have been the wrong item, a broken or clearly used item, huge delays we hadn't been informed about, etc etc. Also for larger parcels GAK will often ask you for a time and date you'd prefer it to be delivered - but don't worry about this because no matter what time and date you give them, they'll never stick to it.

Also, dv247 is now often as cheap or cheaper than GAK, so there's less and less point in using GAK. The only problem with dv247 is that they don't update their stock count often, so if what you're after is a new release, very old or very popular, they might say they're in stock but actually they won't be and you'll only get told about this after they've taken your money. Luckily they're nicer about it than GAK are - at least dv247 have the decency to tell you there will be a delay, give you a rough estimate on the actual delivery time, and a couple of times they've given me partial refunds or given me free priority shipping to compensate.

i forgot to mention DV247.com - i dunno where they are based but when all goes smoothly, i have had stuff sent within less than 24 hours - i must be relatively near their warehouse i guess.

i have had a 50:50 good:bad experiences with GAK. last time i ordered something from them they only sent half of my order, charged me in full, then kept on bumping the date of the rest of the order further away whenever it reached the day they'd said they sent it - this carried on for 3 months until i gave up and cancelled the order, and then they didn't refund the money for the item they didn't send until i mentioned it, as though they were hoping i wouldn't notice - that's why it was the last time i ordered anything from them.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Really? How many guitars had that issue?

I've lost so much money on guitars lately that I've ended up having to sell, and I'm back with my old, knackered tele I've had since I was a kid...

DV247 is recommended, though- I live near one of the stores and it's got a really cool soundproofed booth.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Jul 12, 2009,
On the delivery time thing, whenever I've ordered something it's not been their fault it took a while, they were out of stock of one guitar, and for my amp I used a card that's billing address was not the same as the shipping address so that had to get sorted.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
On the delivery time thing, whenever I've ordered something it's not been their fault it took a while, they were out of stock of one guitar.
The thing is they shouldn't be letting your order something they don't have stock in. Many distributors give shops hell for this. In fact Fender have said if they find any shop 'selling' Fender or Squier products without having that specific item in stock at the time of ordering, they'll cease dealing with that shop entirely.
At the very, very least, and regardless of what it was you were buying, GAK should have specified the item wasn't in stock and given a rough delivery estimate on the item's page before you placed the order.

Quote by Blompcube
i forgot to mention DV247.com - i dunno where they are based but when all goes smoothly, i have had stuff sent within less than 24 hours - i must be relatively near their warehouse i guess.
Nah, I think they're just very fast so long as they've actually got the thing in stock. I've had a few orders from them come the day after I ordered, even when the shipping estimate was 3-4 days.

I think dv247 have drastically improved since it's become more widely known about GAK's slipping quality. I think dv247 see a chance to overtake GAK and they'll do everything they can to make everyone happy and become the market leader. On the other side I think GAK are a bit smug and don't give a **** anymore about filling orders properly or decent custom service.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Gak dont tend to know what their talking about. I asked about a pedal and kept getting told the same rubbish to wait on the line for half hour till i said i wanted to speak to the manager then i was cut off.

Dv247 are much better and much nicer guys. Never had a problem with them and they will do anything to help.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs