I was just wondering what your views on not using OD-pedals with an amp with good gain. I guess the general view is that a pedal might tighten your sound among other things. All in all make it better. But I believe my Classic 30 has a great drive channel, and my pedals aren't really that needed (for other than fuzz, and very heavily distortion of course). I also don't like the idea of having to buy an additional pedal whenever buying a good, expensive amp. Especially not when you often only use the volume on it, with the distortion all the way down.

That being said, I own a Proco Rat 2 and a Boos OD-3, both which I use frequently

Any thoughts?
meh, there are no rules saying you have to use one. If you like the sound without one, why would you bother? Just like there are no rules saying you can't use an OD to juice an already good gain channel. Some amps I don't like boosts on at all, even for the real heavy stuff. Others I prefer boosted depending on what I'm trying to achieve.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'll be getting an OD to achieve overdrive at low volumes and also if I want more gain.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by Erock503
meh, there are no rules saying you have to use one. If you like the sound without one, why would you bother? Just like there are no rules saying you can't use an OD to juice an already good gain channel. Some amps I don't like boosts on at all, even for the real heavy stuff. Others I prefer boosted depending on what I'm trying to achieve.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i prefer not to use pedals if the amp sounds good already. i'm looking for an od, but that's really just to complement my amp with a different kind of overdrive and to boost it a bit for solos. if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
I use pedals to tighten up the gain and increase it when need be for my amp.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society