Hello there

I have just bought a Yahama EG112 guitar starter package and the amp with it depressed the hell out of me but an idea popped out. I've seen a video on youtube of a guitarist playing Ibanez RG through computer speakers and with effects. the question is how can I do this and what program should I use for effects? what do I need for this? a guitar computer cable and a preamp to boost the signals of the guitar? I need help !!!

If you want to listen to my amp and feel me, here you go
http://uploading.com/files/ZQ7YEFKC/yahamacrappyG15-A.wma.html

Thank u
Ex Yamahist
You need a multi-FX with cab sims and headphone out, a Pocket Pod Express at the very least.
Quote by Union Of V
You need a multi-FX with cab sims and headphone out, a Pocket Pod Express at the very least.

or he could just download something along the lines of ReValver, or similar.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
or he could just download something along the lines of ReValver, or similar.

Firstly you have to pay for that.

Secondly you have to pay for something to get the audio into the computer in the first place.
Check out the JamVox interface for a decent and fairly economical way of doing this.

It comes with amp and effect simulation as well as it's own monitor, and can also be used to extract guitar parts from songs so you can play over them instead. It's very simple as everything is integrated.

In the UK it's £150, and for what you get it's a good deal. As well as being cheaper than some other options.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Union Of V
Firstly you have to pay for that.

Secondly you have to pay for something to get the audio into the computer in the first place.

you can download the free demo, and all you need is a 1/4" to 1/8" cable.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
you can just get a line 6 ux1 or ux2 , the amp software is bundled with it, and if u just get a 1/4 inch to 3.5mm (headphone) adaptor you can use your speakers as a line out.
its gonna cost u about £70 tho.
yeah theres no way around the hardware to connect to the computer but just go on lime wire or bit torrent to get the software it'll save you a hundred buck but lets just hope you don't have a conscience
"Remember folks, it's all bull****. It's all bull**** and it's bad for ya." ~ George Carlin.
RIP
"The last real man in showbiz"