I'm a part time photographer when I'm not doing my day job and have just bought some brand new studio kit, and want to build my portfolio to build a kick ass website.

I'm really interested in working with musicians, there is some great music photography out there, and am looking for some local UK bands willing to give a couple of hours of their time in exchange for the photos I produce

No money exchanged
No responsibility to produce A+ work
Both of us get something out of the deal

Any UK bands/artists want to get some pro-type shots for promo work or anything please let me know!

I'm in Bristol.
I would, but I'm about 4 hours drive away.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Don't be a pussy this guy seems legit.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
go take pictures of led zeppelin and iron maiden and the pink floyd.

.....wait
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I forgot you couldn't post anything on UG without getting your thread mercillesly spammed...
Well I went to guilfest yesturday and managed to get into the press pit and take some good photos try that? My mate just wore a rain mac with the guardian on it and we got in! Had real people from the press saying "from the guardian ay? they aint treating you to well are they?"
http://img8.imageshack.us/i/guilfest091.jpg/
Its practice!
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Would love for us to help each other out but unfortunately I'm in Essex. If you have any plans to come anywhere near London between August and December (band lineup may change in the near future so can't plan anything too soon) let me know.
I'd let my band be photographed, there's a few problems to that, though.

I live in Sweden and I have no band
DeVillains!
If i were you i'd practice with people you know first, get to know your kit and take good photo's before you ask for clients. Not charging in this way will be tricky, it's a lot of work.
Money exchange or not, jumping into the deep end with unfamiliar kit isn't a good idea.
That's my $0.02 anyway
Quote by vitchb
If i were you i'd practice with people you know first, get to know your kit and take good photo's before you ask for clients. Not charging in this way will be tricky, it's a lot of work.
Money exchange or not, jumping into the deep end with unfamiliar kit isn't a good idea.
That's my $0.02 anyway

Thanks, and whilst I appreciate your input, I'm not a complete beginner, I've been doing photography for 4 years now, however after borrowing a friend's lighting kit for shoots before, I have just been able to invest in my own.

I've just never done photography for musicians before and am interested in adding a new dimension to my portfolio