Makes me feel so much better!

Anyone else feel the same way? Playing the guitar is a good remedy for stress???
Fender American Stratocaster
212 Valveking
BBE Overdrive
DD2 Delay
Berringer chorus
Wah pedal

seriously.... what is the point of this thread?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
yep, guitar keeps me going.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
the moment I pick up my guitar and play it I forget all the problems I have, I just listen to the music that comes out from my hands, it's wonderfull, it's my terapy.
I couldn't live without my guitar
when i play guitar its just like... i could care less about anything else in the world. its like nothing else even matters. when i get pissed off, i go in my room and play guitar for a couple hours, and eventually as happy as ever.

guitar is pretty much a natural drug
Quote by demon.guitarist
I stopped a friend from self harming by showing her how awesome the guitar is to relieve stress and vent feelings on.

^^^ Wow.

I find the piano more helpful. Just let your emotions flow. You can forget about technique and replace it with an uncontrollable outburst of emotions and it only sounds better. I haven't met another person who could do that.
The only thing that annoys me is, what rids me of my guitar related stress?

(that being annoying buzzing from the amp, my wiring messing up, stuff breaking etc).
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Yeah, you bet I do.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The only thing that annoys me is, what rids me of my guitar related stress?

(that being annoying buzzing from the amp, my wiring messing up, stuff breaking etc).

this

oh yeah, and your ****ty power source that makes a country music station play through your amp with you "floor it" with your wah.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by cruc1a7
my stress release = gym

I second that and cardio training out in the air is probably the best

Dont get me wrong guitar is my life but if I'm stressed and start playing badly I just get even more pissed off but that would be guitar related stress...............actually f**k that theirs nothing like sitting down and letting it all out on your guitar
Last edited by drawnacrol at Jul 12, 2009,
Running and the gym are prime stress relievers as well!

"Haha, luckily nothing of mine emits radio stations/communist communications " <--- i lol'd
Fender American Stratocaster
212 Valveking
BBE Overdrive
DD2 Delay
Berringer chorus
Wah pedal
Yeah, guitar playing relieves a ton of stress. I eventually just forget everything and play on and on.

And to the person who said something about radio stations and communist communications, I just randomly hear my amp praise jeebus. It's strange, it only happens with tons of distortion and with my finger on the strings at a certain place. With the guitar pointed a certain way.
My guitar does not do too much to relieve stress - I feel like I don´t build much up in the first place. The way I play the guitar at the time just reflects the mood I am in.
Quote by conor1148
this

oh yeah, and your ****ty power source that makes a country music station play through your amp with you "floor it" with your wah.

I can relate. If only I were into country.

edit: oh and on topic, yeah, playing music is def my favorite stress reliever. forget your problems and lose yourself in it. my cello is somewhat better for this since its a (more)physical instrument, though im not nearly as good at cello.
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
Last edited by ChecKxMaTe77 at Jul 13, 2009,
beer + smoke on the water riff = stress relief and a pisser of a night
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Ya, playing guitar is a major stress reliever, same goes for listening to good music, I can just loose myself in a CD from either Gilbert or Al Di Meola
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by -Blue-
And to the person who said something about radio stations and communist communications, I just randomly hear my amp praise jeebus. It's strange, it only happens with tons of distortion and with my finger on the strings at a certain place. With the guitar pointed a certain way.

We used abnormally long cable runs to watch a pirated film once and we started hearing The Voice Of God as we played the film Freaked the living daylights out of us!
Quote by GODhimself37

seriously.... what is the point of this thread?

Lol...or should I say lolwut
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by -Blue-
Yeah, guitar playing relieves a ton of stress. I eventually just forget everything and play on and on.

one of these day a teen is going to be playing his guitar for eight hours straight and pick up some communist radio communication about nuking the U.S and save the world
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.