retrohelix
Banned
50 IQ
The first piece "sandstorm" is inspired heavily by Scale the Summit (prog metal) and I should note a lot of it was written by my friend, I'll take full credit for bar 53 onwards though :P

He said it was alright to post here, as we're making an EP and want some feedback before we start recording. The other piece... well, it's a slow clean piece with synths... not sure on the genre. It was the result of getting heavily stoned...

If you want c4c on a piece, make sure you put a link to it in your post.
Attachments:
2 unfinished songs.zip
Last edited by retrohelix at Jul 12, 2009,
andrew12398
nom nom nom
1,511 IQ
In Coma:

I liked it a lot, the name of the song completely fit in with the music too. Would definitely make a good interlude if you kept it going the way it is.

Sandstorm:

Another good one, I'd definitely like to hear more once you get it up.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
aceral1715
527 IQ
In Coma: I totally agree with andrew on this one. The name does suit the song and it would make a good interlude. The drums were a nice touch and they really built the song up well from where it started, and in such a way that I hardly noticed that it was building, but I still felt it :P

Sandstorm: I really liked the harmonies in this one at the beginning. Cant wait to hear it finished

Crit one of mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160277
Guitarfreak777
1,621 IQ
I think im gonna need a copy of this EP. I don't have much of a crit for cause im exhausted but tunes were hella nice.
jimmyled
*****es ain't ****
783 IQ
Sandstorm Nice riff, gets a little annoying, for example, Bars 6-9 were not as good as the ones preceding them, but that's just because I don't really like Major. Really nice though. I really liked the 7/8 part. The ending riff was cool.
In (a) Coma The intro was nice and really fitting a little Chinese sounding (that's not bad). I really liked it when the strings came in. The part that sounded like the Verse was really nice, and I like the play on beat. The part with a backing solo was not as good but also really nice. The sweeps were too slow IMO. Better than Sandstorm IMO.
C4C? My songs