Poll: Is gearmandude, Jack Black?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is gearmandude, Jack Black?
Obviously, you dummy!
37 17%
Meh, could be.
100 45%
Most probably not.
52 24%
Are you stupid? hell no!
31 14%
Voters: 220.
Page 1 of 2
Sup pit.

If you haven't seen a gearmandude video go to here and watch a couple.

The dude doesn't reveal his identity or where he lives, but he sound and act a lot like Jack Black! I reckon there is a slight chance he could be as how else is he going to afford all that gear apart from working in a studio/gear shop.

What does the pit think?

Edit: edited title so it's more understandable.
Last edited by LifesSweetDrug at Jul 12, 2009,
Is he from Gearmany?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Is he from Gearmany?

Nah, it's gear man dude. I thought that the first time I saw his username :P
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
Nah, it's gear man dude. I thought that the first time I saw his username :P

did you just read gearmany as germany?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
TS you are a gigantic douchebag

The whole point of having that youtube account was so that it doesn't get hugely popular.

Now we're going to have a ****load of people going to his page OMGOMGOMG IT'S JACK BLACK.

Seriously man this isn't cool. He just wants a youtube account like a normal person, even if he IS reviewing ridiculous amounts of expensive effects with boutique amps... let the man have his privacy, don't go spreading the word around like an ass.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 12, 2009,
1:20 of the video on the page. 'Let's keep them the same, let's see if they sound the same.' Or something to that effect...

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

No. But his gear demos have influenced purchases I've made a number of times.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The whole point of having that youtube account was so that it doesn't get hugely popular.

Now we're going to have a ****load of people going to his page OMGOMGOMG IT'S JACK BLACK.

Seriously man this isn't cool. He just wants a youtube account like a normal person, even if he IS reviewing ridiculous amounts of expensive effects with boutique amps... let the man have his privacy, don't go spreading the word around like an ass.

i think this is gearmandude
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
i think this is gearmandude

you got me.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue

are you just joking or something? or do you really think its Jack Black,

His accent is pretty similar, but I don't think its him, there are some differences.

TS isnt a douchebag, if it really was Jack Black someone else is bound to think so aswell and tell everyone anyway.

EDIT: Oh wait, reading first page, so are you saying you are gearmandude, now Im confused.
Last edited by Mr.Kvx10 at Jul 12, 2009,
Jack Black can't play guitar, he said so himself many a time.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
Jack Black can't play guitar, he said so himself many a time.

He's said he can't play rock guitar, but that was before School of Rock. I wouldn't have thought it too hard to since then be able to translate his skills across.

However, despite that you do raise the good point that he probably wouldn't have all that electric equipment if he's mainly a classical player.
Gearmanndude has some stuff written on his Myspace like
Male
39 years old
BEVERLY HILLS, California
United States

And he claims The People he wants to meet are Meg Ryan (met her...) Jennifer Aniston (met her...) Chloe Sveinge (not yet...she scares me though) and Keith Richards...can you believe, they won't let me backstage?

The Odd thing is Jack Black was born in 28 August 1969 (Age: 39) And Lives in BEVERLY HILLS. And to Meet them kind of celebrity's. Gearmanndude sounds alot like Jack Black, it Probably is Jack Black and im guessing he just wanted to make a Online store selling Guitar Effect Peddals without people knowing its him. Plus Gearmanndude hasent shown his face yet till he dose i say its Jack Black.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

you talk like this hasnt already happened. its half of why hes famous already. the other half is that he makes damn good gear reviews
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by MadClownDisease
He's said he can't play rock guitar, but that was before School of Rock. I wouldn't have thought it too hard to since then be able to translate his skills across.

However, despite that you do raise the good point that he probably wouldn't have all that electric equipment if he's mainly a classical player.

..because he can't play guitar in general very good.
Most guitar playing in SoR wasn't even him.

It's definitely not him.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
who is jack black ?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by iwontwait
It sounds like him, but you can hear clearly that it isn't.

this
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by thankyougermany
No. But his gear demos have influenced purchases I've made a number of times.

same here.
His voice sounds very close to Jack Black, but also a bit different.
They sound similar, but Gearmanndude's arms look too skinny.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
The shoes, man. The shoes! It's all about the shoes.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
It's not him, he posted a video showing his face once upon a time.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
He sounds an awful lot like him. I only watched one video though, so I can't really verify that fact. But this is the internet, I can't be bothered to find out if it's true or not.
You missed the 'No one gives a shit' option in your poll.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I decided to do a little investigation of my own to prove whether gearmandude is actually Jack Black. I have come up with 5 reasons that suggest he is the popular actor, Jack Black:

http://www.thedailyguitar.com/5-reasons-that-gearmanndude-is-actually-jack-black

Is this enough proof that gearmandude is Jack Black? It’s really for you to decide. All I can say is, I love both gearmandude and Jack Black, and it’s kinda fun not knowing for sure if they are the same or not.
Even tho they sound similar, hasn't it already been stated that they are NOT the same person? I forgot his real name.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
His tonez are too gritty. Can't get a good impression of the pedalz' true sounds.
Page 1 of 2