STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
here, let me point you in the direction of idiotville

If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
DON'T BUY IT!!!!

FOR TEH LOVE OF GOD DON'T BUY IT!!!!

^^This.

Answer these questions:

Current gear?
Budget?
Genres you play?
Willing to buy used?
Do you gig?
Nearest large metropolitan area?

Also, inb4obvioustrollisobvious
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
calm down Alfred...
Anyways absolutely don't buy it if you're going to play gigs with it., way underpowered.
If it's just for practice, i guess so but it's not great... I had a 30W one believe me, *shudder* but then i got the 150W one, which owns.
Bottom line if you are getting a Line 6 and want good tone, get at least a 120W one.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i have one. i bought it because i had a very low budget (max £100) and as i was only using it for practice i bought the 15 watt one. i have found that it is a sturdy amp and by buying it you dont have to splash out more for pedals.
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

Quote by Guns&Rosesman49
calm down Alfred...
Anyways absolutely don't buy it if you're going to play gigs with it., way underpowered.
If it's just for practice, i guess so but it's not great... I had a 30W one believe me, *shudder* but then i got the 150W one, which owns.
Bottom line if you are getting a Line 6 and want good tone, get at least a 120W one.

No. Just, no. Its only decent at practice/bedroom levels. Anything over that and its a stupid buy.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by Guns&Rosesman49
calm down Alfred...

No. You fail.

If you want a good tone, don't get a spider. 120W is just gonna be a bigger practice amp with terrible tones.

If you want a line 6 try a vetta or a flextone or hell even a spider valve.

If you only have a budget of around the same price of a spider, you could get a peavey vypyr which are much better.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Guns&Rosesman49
calm down Alfred...

sorry but
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Troll?! I believe so If not i'm sure you'll need a bigger flame shield.

And answer TDS's question's! We need to know the answers before ANY help can be given.
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

BE AFRAID OF THE MODIFIED BEAR!

I know I am
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

sorry but

WTF FTW!!!! but seriously he has the right to laugh in your face like that...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by BoxerLadABC

Im buying a 15 or 30 watt one

no your not.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I went and bought a 75 watt one yesterday
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
Quote by BoxerLadABC

Return it now
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by BoxerLadABC

k koo
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by BoxerLadABC

Bad move.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
IMO the Line6 models aren't too bad.... for models. I use a $99 Gear Box plug in to record bass because, it's cheap and it sounds pretty good recorded direct. The problem with the Spider III amps is the actual amp part sucks. Maybe if you had a 1000 watts with tons of headroom and JBL monitors, but why bother when there are so many other good amps out there.
Seriously, just why. I can't stand the spiders or the vyper, it's so damn hard to get anything resembling tone out of them in my experience.

Get a half decent practice amp, don't regret buying it, enjoy decent tone.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by BobDetroit
IMO the Line6 models aren't too bad.... for models. I use a $99 Gear Box plug in to record bass because, it's cheap and it sounds pretty good recorded direct. The problem with the Spider III amps is the actual amp part sucks. Maybe if you had a 1000 watts with tons of headroom and JBL monitors, but why bother when there are so many other good amps out there.

no, the models in the solid state spiders suck compared to the other line 6 models. the only products they use these low quality models for are the spider I, II and III amplifiers. just allround not very good amplifiers.

digital modelling doesn't always suck though. the line 6 spider modelling is bad because line 6 have other higher end models that they don't want to make redundant by making a cheap alternative which is anywhere near as good. but it's an ok practice amp for a beginner nonetheless.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
gods, i mean, you, the unhappy guy who bought spider, why to make thread if you didnt care about UGers opinions?
Quote by Regensgeliebte
gods, i mean, you, the unhappy guy who bought spider, why to make thread if you didnt care about UGers opinions?

Am I the only one that realized this guy was a troll?

Edit: Apparently not.

Quote by JayT44
(Invalid img)

This guy did too.
Wow you guys need to stop jumping all over this... it's sad, really.

Obviously this guy is a troll, but even if he wasn't, you should be ashamed (most of you that posted here, that is). They aren't great, sure, but they're alright for a beginner amp and most beginners are happy with them. Their tone isn't amazing, but when the player develops an ear for tone then can decide what kind of amp they want to upgrade to. It's not like the person is going out and buying the last amp they'll ever get.