Poll: Which is the weaker sex?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is the weaker sex?
Male
134 24%
Female
422 76%
Voters: 556.
Page 1 of 6
No doubt this will come under fire and probably be closed within minutes, but this should make an interesting debate.

EDIT: By weaker, I mean pain tolerance, mental fortitude, etc. Some studies have shown that women have a higher pain tolerance.

So in conclusion, what I'm trying to say is: If humanity was dying out, which sex would be the last to go?
All for one and one for all.
Last edited by angus_young_32 at Jul 12, 2009,
wth
where is the option: neither? or both?
IDIOT
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dreadnought
Weaker in which way?

This

Could be different like situations where one is weaker than the other so we sort of need a situation or scenario type of thing.
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Physically, men are usually stronger.

Mentally, women are usually stronger.
DeVillains!
if you're talking about physical, then men are definitely stronger. say for example you have a tug of war between all the women and all the men in the world, who do you think will win? anyone who says otherwise can suck it.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
well, there are more woman than men I think, so they might even stand a chance in a tug of war (I highly doubt it though).
I'm not sure if Woman are mentally stronger... lots of men just don't give a **** about anything, so they can handle more than women
Quote by Darkflame
^well there are more women than men

Then for the sake of argument, assume that there is an equal number.
All for one and one for all.
Quote by Ylasto
Physically, men are usually stronger.

Mentally, women are usually stronger.

Example? Or did you just say that to be equal?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Littleangus44
Men are weaker.

My girlfriends are always in control

Nah, you're just pussywhipped.
Quote by Littleangus44
Men are weaker.

Then you're an idiot

It's not about control, and neither should have it.
My God, it's full of stars!
I voted male.. but only 'cos I wanna bang some chicks...

damn I need to learn how to get laid.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Darkflame

No, around 51-52% of people on earth are men. However, in most Western countries, around 51% of all people are women.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Why would you want weak sex?

Sex must be vicious and passionate!

Srsly, tho, strength is too vague. Males on average are physically stronger in terms of capacity(i.e can carry more), however, females posses more physical tolerance (i.e tolerance of weather, pain).

Mentally, males are more stubborn, and waffle less, whereas females tend to be more flexible and bend but don't break.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
men are obviously physically weaker, everyone knows that women are required by law to take anti-steroids just to be nice.
That's what feminism has taught me.
Quote by Littleangus44

That's because you lack a sack.
No means maybe
Quote by Våd Hamster
Nah, you're just pussywhipped.

+1
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by angus_young_32

So in conclusion, what I'm trying to say is: If humanity was dying out, which sex would be the last to go?

you can't have one without the other, i'm guessing women would last longer for no real reason
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
The sexes aren't really comparable, there are huge differences physically, mentally and socially between them. Both have their faults.

For example, men are generally more emotionally detatched, leaving them vulnerable to problems such as addiction and alcoholism.
Women have image made a huge concerm by media influences, so women are more vulnerable to problems like eating disorders.

All in all, I think the problems both genders face tend to balance things out a bit.

Edit:

On TS's point of pain tolerance, women have a higher pain threshold, i.e. they can absorb more pain than men. However, men have a higher pain tolerance. There have been tests where both sexes are hooked to a device that administers pain, and they have a button that stops it. In these tests men would usually wait longer than women before shutting down the device.
Last edited by Cyberbob at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by Kaasflipje
I refuse to vote in this poll.

What an awesome post.
My God, it's full of stars!
that's like saying which race of people is weaker...

it just varies from person to person, not gender to gender or race to race.

you're just trying to cause divisions where they aren't necessary.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
The weaker one is TS.

best answer i've seen...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Probably women, physically it's obvious, and mentally, men generally have more of a practical way of sorting problems (though emotions are bottled up), where as women will cry about it to friends.

I say that in the least sexist way I can, but research will back me up.

EDIT: I need to remember what the thread is about.
Last edited by TEK34 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by angus_young_32
No doubt this will come under fire and probably be closed within minutes, but this should make an interesting debate.

EDIT: By weaker, I mean pain tolerance, mental fortitude, etc. Some studies have shown that women have a higher pain tolerance.

I would say that at least in our culture women are the weaker sex.

Now if humanity died out the last sex to go would be the females because they have a higher life expectancy than males.
Quote by Darkflame

Only because they live longer, in which case I think most men count for about 30 90 year olds with dust in their vajayjays.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Mentally men are probably stronger; you can't even tell most girls that their hair looks bad without hurting their feelings.

I can see woman having a higher level of pain tolerance. They might have evolved that way so they can cope with child birth.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Have you tried taking the quilt back?

Quote by clay pots
that's like saying which race of people is weaker...

That would be the blacks.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Last edited by jesusgonewrong at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by greatone_12
Mentally men are probably stronger; you can't even tell most girls that their hair looks bad without hurting their feelings.

I can see woman having a higher level of pain tolerance. They might have evolved that way so they can cope with child birth.

Aye, but men have always been the ones to go hunting, fighting, protecting the tribe and sh*t.

EDIT:
Quote by Pat_s1t
This is horribly biased though, as the high majority of The Pit is male, and therefore will pick female without a second thought.

I thought about it, thinking about psychology and physical strength.
Last edited by TEK34 at Jul 12, 2009,
Quote by jesusgonewrong
That would be the blacks.

you're lucky i'm a sensible black guy that understands you're making a joke and i'm not getting all uppity
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.