Ok guys im not expert on law, but my friend just got assaulted by his stepdad and this time his mom finally called the cops. Now, when the cops got there they arrested, get this, his older brother who broke up the fight, on minor charges from over a year ago, however refused to arrest the stepdad, saying that if they arrest him they would have to take my friend too, both on cases of battery. Now this is ****ed up, the stepdad has been abusing the family for years and getting a clean ride, and my friend is 15, a minor, and therefore entitled to defend himself from assault from an adult right? Or is there a loophole in the law im missing? Please help me understand guys...if this is in the wrong thread please someone move it
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
Get evidence of assault, otherwise it's 'he said she said'
Check out my band Disturbed

^They agree
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
just because they arrest your friend doesn't mean he'll be prosecuted. They probably just have to arrest him as a rule, but will only end up filing charges on the step dad.
Quote by StewieSwan
Get evidence of assault, otherwise it's 'he said she said'

yes.. and particularly when it is adult vs child, because the courts are more inclined to believe the adult.. wait for it to happen again, and call the police again until they actually do something.. or tell your friend to tell his mum to move out.. or something along the lines of kicking the step dad out..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

all the stepdad has to say is that the kid initiated the fight or the kid fought back. Then they both assaulted each other, even if he is a minor. And if the older brother did break up the fight, then that means that the younger one was fighting with the dad, so they both broke the law. The dad will probably get a bigger charge, but still.. Self-defense is a viable option..
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
ok, well the mom and his brothers are witnesses to it, theyre all adults, his mom's one of those types who has problems with abuse though, this is the first time shes ever called the cops on the stepdad in like 6 years of it, but the cops, despite the witnesses and the mangled face and bruises all over my friends body, said that it was "discipline gone wrong", instead of assualting a minor, and im sorry but i dont see how that can be unless the cops are just ****ing stupid, especially when they have at least two witnesses
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
Quote by freedomdeceptiv
never trust cops, they only make things worse

You aren't in NWA.

Unless...

Eazy E? Is it you?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
If you have witnesses who will testify then you have a case. Otherwise you have nothing.