Hey friends,

I am planning to upgrade my Jackson JS-1's two point trem with the Gotoh/Wilkinson VS100. Would the trem be a direct drop in or do I need to do some modification to the guitar body?

Also, lol, is the bridge a floating bridge. I'm kinda confused about it.

Thanks.
get info on the specs of either bridge, if the numbers match... should work.... if not...
well im not the one to ask ahaha!
just look at as much info as you can...
or if you have both bridges...well see if they fit lol!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
buy the wilkinson bridge and see if it fits on the mounting studs, which it should. If not, all you need to do is drill out the old ones and dowel the holes then redrill for the new ones.

Whether the bridge is floating or not depends on if you wanna do some work. To make it floating you would have to route out an area underneath it like a FR.
Quote by guitarcam123
buy the wilkinson bridge and see if it fits on the mounting studs, which it should. If not, all you need to do is drill out the old ones and dowel the holes then redrill for the new ones.

Whether the bridge is floating or not depends on if you wanna do some work. To make it floating you would have to route out an area underneath it like a FR.

No, that what you would do to recess it. Most 2 point trems such as the Wilkinson float anyway because the studs are sticking out of the body, so you can pull up on them.
Yeah, but they aren't to far off the body, it depends on the neck height/ angle. The bridge can be sitting flat on the guitar body or right up about a cm off the body. As I said it all depends on the neck height off of the guitar body.

To make the bridge able to pull back more freely you will have to route a bit.

So TS, the bridge can float without routing like littlephil said but only if the neck height off the body/ neck angle allows the bridge to be higher off the body.
Aight. Thanks for the responses, guys. It looks like I'll be getting one once I get some money.

Oh yeah, do you just drop the new mounting studs into the hole?