I'm interested in knowing the quality control and general construction of the Gibson Explorer considering it's in the same price range as the Les Paul Studio, which is pretty infamous for it's poor QC (frets popping out etc).

For those that have played the instrument, what is the neck profile like, compared to an Ibanez or ESP and how do the pickups hold up. Sadly no store in my vicinity has them in stock, so if I ever decide to purchase one I'd have to import, meaning I can't test it out before I buy it.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by lokster
I'm interested in knowing the quality control and general construction of the Gibson Explorer

Name pretty much says it all...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I would have to say its the quality of the SG standards.

Edit: and you gotta remember the SG standards i would have to say are on par with the Les Paul standards so there ya go
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Last edited by Felttoaster at Jul 12, 2009,
Every single one ive played 21 in total have played and sounded really awesome with the exception of one which was only bad because of the shop having idiots in it.

My 2cents but hope it helps
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Its just my opinion but I think that mahogany explorers just do not sound all that good. I've only played a few but I've just never been a huge fan. I do however, like the korina Explorers though.
I own one. I beat it around. I gig with it.

Seriously, it is my favorite guitar. It plays very nicely, and sounds brilliant with a slight OD or serious hardass OD.

And no, i'm not a noob.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Gibson's QC is fine for Standard models and higher, it'll be fine on the Explorer.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Worst I've heard about Gibson QC lies in the Les Paul line, so I'm not sure about the Explorer, but if I get one it's gonna be an old model from the 80's or 90's (and I WANT one xD)
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores