Ok so after the summer it will be my last year at high school and I really want to do the talent show and for once I would like to actualy do it rather than talk about it, but I have some problems:

1. I need a singer, my friend says he would do RHCP or Green Day and also play rhytm but he has only been playing for a very short time and he doesn't even have an electric guitar yet.
2. I need a drummer, the two drummers in my year either cba or don't play the music I like but a girl I talk to on msn says she knows a guy a couple of years below who can drum.....
3. If my friend does get up on stage I dunno if he will be able to take the pressure, I've performed in front of many people before but he hasn't.
4. I need a song or two that we can play but I dunno what to play that would suit us all and be well recieved what with many young people not knowing what decent music is.

Thats all I can think of atm, any help is much appreciated.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Readymade, RHCP. DO IT.

The solo sounds badass and the rhythm is easy.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Never heard of it I'll look it up.

Anyone else?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
its tough to find the right bandmates sometimes, but as far as it goes with the guy not being able to handle the pressure, the only way to get over that is to get out there and do it, so i wouldnt worry about that.
redacted!
Get this thing up and running FAST because there's nothing worse then a bunch of guys who've only been with each other for a while and only practised together once (I know because I've been one of them! ). Also find out if this talent show thing has a PA system - if not you're gonna have to figure out how you're going to amplify yourselves.
I think it may have a PA, people have played backing tracks or w/e before so I think there must be some way, bands before haven't had big amps but we were able to hear them so there must be a PA or something.

I've played with the bassist before but I dunno if he'll do it and hes quite particular about songs.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Both are great bands for a talent show. Blink also works really well. Good luck with that!
Aww come on help me out here more than good luck with that please.

Could you guys give me some good song ideas? I was looking at holiday but most of the band covers on youtube sound rubbish.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4