Page 1 of 2
Scott Stapp and Creed are back. (Now with less of a Jesus look). Back in their day they were either loved or hated by everyone. Personally I was on the hating side. But now Creed is back and still playing the same stupid songs.

Now this might seem a little weird, but I watched the videos from the link (below), and maybe it's just the nostalgia that's getting to me, but they didn't seem that bad. Am I crazy or is Creed actually starting to sound pretty decent?

http://music.aol.com/video/with-arms-wide-open-sessions/creed/bc:27204782001?icid=main|hp-desktop|dl5|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fmusic.aol.com%2Fvideo%2Fwith-arms-wide-open-sessions%2Fcreed%2Fbc%3A27204782001
I've never really got all this Creed hate. They weren't bad. Anyone care to explain, or is this just more pathetic band-wagoning?
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
misleading title, i was thinking of Creed Bratton from The Office.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
I ****in love creed man. They had a beast singer and their instrumental section were and still are crazy. I just don't get the hate.
Excited for their new album Indeed.
"It's better to be kind. Being clever or good looking is subjective. Kindness is essential" - Ricky Gervais
it was too much of a god band, all of their songs mainly consisted of lyrics referring to heaven and or god. so thats why they are hated, they climbed up the ranks with gospel then made it mainstream
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
All I know is that if you type "worst band in the world" into Google, it comes up saying "Did you mean Creed?"
Quote by Hart_Attack
it was too much of a god band, all of their songs mainly consisted of lyrics referring to heaven and or god. so thats why they are hated, they climbed up the ranks with gospel then made it mainstream

Oh...... right..... ....... I still love tremonti
Quote by fumb-duck
I've never really got all this Creed hate. They weren't bad. Anyone care to explain, or is this just more pathetic band-wagoning?

Band-wagon indeed.

I'm not a big fan or anything, I like the mans voice though, and I like With Arms Wide Open. No need to be so hateful purely for the mans/bands beliefs.
Quote by fumb-duck

You answered your question right there.

I'm not Christian but I didn't mind Creed, I happened to like quite a few of their songs.
Yeah. SKillet are all godly adn such but I still love them, and their pretty cool. Same with TDWP.
Quote by Hart_Attack

And yet there's no Flyleaf hate.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
They're alright.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by kabloo12
I ****in love creed man. They had a beast singer and their instrumental section were and still are crazy. I just don't get the hate.

I don't get it either
Creed is nothing special to me.
intreresting, however.

I think they should brawl with Mastadon.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I've always wondered this myself. I really think it's a bandwagon situation. They are a talented band, and My Own Prison was a great album. Stapp may be a douchebag, but he has a great voice none the less. They are sort of like the GNR of the late 90's in that regard (although GNR is the superior band). Mark Tremonti is also very underrated and very talented.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
I'm thinking maybe it's just that people got sick of them before, and now when you hear the rare Creed song on the radio or something you listen to it just because of the nostalgia. I know I couldn't stand Hootie and the Blowfish for a while just because they were so over played, but now I crank up the volume when I hear "Only Want To Be With You"
Quote by fumb-duck

They were bad, quit with the anti-bandwagon-bandwagon
I don't like this. Alter Bridge > Creed. Though Myles' solo work will be interesting.
Quote by Roast Beef
They were bad, quit with the anti-bandwagon-bandwagon

I think Dream Theater is terrible, but that doesn't stop the rest of the Pit from liking them
I won't be accepting them back with arms wide open.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I like creed, but this pisses me off. This is making me wait even more for a new Alter Bridge album.

Alter Bridge> Creed any day
and
Myles Kennedy> Scott Stapp
They weren't bad at all. They had some cracking songs and I still enjoy listening to them. So what if the majority of their songs involved heaven or god? So do a lot of people's songs. I never got to see them when they were initially around, so I'd happily go to a UK gig.
creed.... alterbridge....

I'd vote for alterbridge any day, myles is a beast! way more range than scott.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
I always liked Creed, though Stapp sounds too much like Eddie Vedder. I kind of wanted to attend the reunion tour, but tickets are too expensive.
Quote by T.W.S.D.A.
I like creed, but this pisses me off. This is making me wait even more for a new Alter Bridge album.

Alter Bridge> Creed any day
and
Myles Kennedy> Scott Stapp

THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS! Myles Kennedy = AMAZING! I can't wait for his solo side project! I never was a creed fan, and stapp was the main reason why.

and even though I was never a creed fan, if you know ANYTHING about their beginnings, then you'd know they did NOT start in gospel then go mainstream. that was probably the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen about creed. calling them christian rock is one thing (though incorrect), but to flat out say they were gospel at any point in their career is downright laughable. tremonti would never do gospel. although he plays rock, his basis is heavy metal. when he started playing guitar he didn't take lessons because his teacher wouldn't teach him metallica right off the bat.
old news is old
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by westberry
I'm thinking maybe it's just that people got sick of them before, and now when you hear the rare Creed song on the radio or something you listen to it just because of the nostalgia. I know I couldn't stand Hootie and the Blowfish for a while just because they were so over played, but now I crank up the volume when I hear "Only Want To Be With You"

this and +1 to the part
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by sashki
WHEN YOU ARE WITH ME, I'm freeeeeeee, I'm careless, I believe...

It's stuck in my head already

that's actually the one creed song I liked.
maybe 6 feet, aint so far down!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Page 1 of 2