hey UG
im makin the switch from 0.9s to 0.10s, i like the sound of heavier strings, but i dont like em too heavy
so i was wondering wat good 0.10 brands there are
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I use D'Addarios, I like the sound a lot. Lots of attack and carity. But if you want more bottom GHS Boomers tends to work better.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I personally use the EB pack of 10's, and they last me a good while. The titanium coated ones I have on my strat have lasted me pretty long. I've had them on there for two months now, and they still sound like they've only been played for a few days. They're $10 a pack, but definitely worth it in my opinion.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
ernie ball 10's skinny top heavy bottoms are amazing. The lowest 3 are obviously thick. the low e is like 52 . Top strings are normal 10's.
I always use Elixir's nowadays. Mainly because they never seem to get dirty and leave that horrible smell on your hand when you've finished playing.
Quote by Gabel
I use D'Addarios, I like the sound a lot. Lots of attack and carity. But if you want more bottom GHS Boomers tends to work better.

This guy's absolutely on the ball, but it's really up to you. For the heck of it buy a few different types: Maybe D'ads, Boomers, and ernie ball slinkys or something and try em all out over the course of a few weeks (depending on how much you play).

Really though, you can't go wrong with any of those three brands but I've found that the ernies tend to lose their tone a bit quicker (Maybe because they're not sealed as well) and so stopped using them.

I also went from .09's to .10's and back to .09's

Maybe I'll change again soon.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Im personally a Dunlop guy, but since they're harder to get for some reason im gunna recommend GHS for a good chunky bottom
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?