Right here it is i have a 112 combo amp running a 16ohm speaker. The output of the amp read 16ohms to the speaker. but they are also two unused 8 ohm outputs. I have got myself a nice little 112 cab which is also 16 ohms and want to connect it to my combo. Am i right in thinking that i need to unplug the speaker in cab and plug it into the 8ohm output and connect the cab to 8ohms also? I have a pic below if this makes it more clear. Chears Carl.

this is as it stand with the 1 speaker running in the cab. . .
That looks like an Orange Rocker 30, am I right?

Well if you want to use both unplug the speaker and plug it ino one of the 8 ohm output and then a 16 ohm cab into the other. I've done and it works. Just remember to plug the speaker back when you take away the cab...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you have to plug the cab into the 16. if you can run through the cab, and to the speaker, you can plug into the 8. that's only if the cab has an input and output. if you run 2 16's with one in 8 and one in 16, it will damage the amp and speaker in 8.
Great stuff thats the sort of advice i was looking for!!!! cheers Gabel!! my friend to told me the same but i was just wanting confirmation. Se to run combo and cab plug each into 8 ohms just combo run it into 16ohms! Wicked thanks a lot.

It is indeed a Orange Rocker!!!! BUT it is White!! haha.

Cheers Again Carl
Quote by HomeRecording
you have to plug the cab into the 16. if you can run through the cab, and to the speaker, you can plug into the 8. that's only if the cab has an input and output. if you run 2 16's with one in 8 and one in 16, it will damage the amp and speaker in 8.

This is leaving me somewhat confused? are you saying that Gabel is wrong? or ......

Cheers Carl
Gabel is right.

What you're doing if you plug both the combo's speaker and the cab's speaker into the 8 ohm outputs is basically wiring them in parallel, which drops impedance. So two 16 ohm speakers in parallel is 8 ohms.

I don't know if that made sense.

Quote by Mitchell?
Gabel is right.

What you're doing if you plug both the combo's speaker and the cab's speaker into the 8 ohm outputs is basically wiring them in parallel, which drops impedance. So two 16 ohm speakers in parallel is 8 ohms.

Excellent i will try it tomorrow!! Pray it doesn't go Bang! haha

Cheers

Carl
WARNING: Never use two 8 ohm cabinets at the same time.
When using the Rocker 30 combo with a 16 ohm extension speaker, disconnect the internal speaker
from the 16 ohm socket and reconnect to one of the two 8 ohm sockets. Connect the extension
speaker to the other 8 ohm socket.
WARNING: Orange Rocker amplifiers should not be used with 4 ohm speakers.

Directly from the Orange manual ^
Quote by Gabel
That looks like an Orange Rocker 30, am I right?

Well if you want to use both unplug the speaker and plug it ino one of the 8 ohm output and then a 16 ohm cab into the other. I've done and it works. Just remember to plug the speaker back when you take away the cab...

Quote by Mitchell?
Gabel is right.

Quote by bigfoamfinger
When using the Rocker 30 combo with a 16 ohm extension speaker, disconnect the internal speaker
from the 16 ohm socket and reconnect to one of the two 8 ohm sockets. Connect the extension

Just to reinforce all these right answer, yes, plug the speaker into an 8 ohm jack and plug the cab into the other.

I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by bigfoamfinger

what this means is exactly what it says, "don't use a 4 ohm load," which is what two 8 ohm speakers in parallel = (kinda like how two 16 ohm speakers in parallel = 8 ohm... got it?).
Quote by Carl_Martin
Great stuff thats the sort of advice i was looking for!!!! cheers Gabel!! my friend to told me the same but i was just wanting confirmation. Se to run combo and cab plug each into 8 ohms just combo run it into 16ohms! Wicked thanks a lot.

It is indeed a Orange Rocker!!!! BUT it is White!! haha.

Cheers Again Carl

I also own a Rocker 30 and recognied it!

What cab is it?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Great stuff glad its finally clear! Its a home made cab because i couldn't find a white orange cab anywhere so thought id make my own. Turned out quite well too i will have to upload some pics somewhere on here

Cheers for all the help guys

Carl