So whats up UGers,
I just wanted to know if YOU guys buy TAB/Musicial books from the store or do you use UG.com?
becuase I might buy a LED ZEPPELIN TAB BOOK and it has about 15 songs in it for about $30.
should I get the book or should I just use UG.com.
I really want to get the official songs and I really want to learn them.
What would you guys do? Buy the TAB book or just use UG.com?

Thanks for your opinions.
I would go for the tab book, but if you can;t find it, use UG
[ ZAKK ]

Gear:
Dean Dimebag Far Beyond Driven tribute ML
Epiphone () Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul
Dunlop Dimebag Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Line 6 Spider III 12x10 120 watt
(very loud)
i'd just use UG as the tabs they have for LZ are practically from tab books.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
A band like Led Zeppelin probably already has tons of accurate tabs on UG. When I buy tab books, it's usually for crap that nobody likes except me.
UG, you usually find accurate tabs here and can figure out the defects
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Personally i find it a complete waste to spend 30$ on tabs you can get online for free.. And even then if you find a wrong tab usually you can look up other tabs of the same song and piece it together..

I'd say buy a tab book only if it was for something thats not accurate or tabbed.

short answer: save your 30$ and buy something useful.
im gonna take a look at Led Zeppelin TAB book at Long and McQuade
im also gonna jam with the book with a guitar at the store
then when i come home ill go on UG and see if the TABS are the same.
but thanks for opinions
the only two tab books I have bought are to John Petrucci's, "Suspended Animation" and Joe Satriani's anthology. I just wanted to make sure those parts were exactly right because the artists actually wrote those parts down. Most tab books aren't created by the artist contrary to popular belief. For everything else I'll use UG.com
UG usually.

Why DO YOU WRITE in random CAPITALS in your POSTS?
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Well, a lot of tabs are just copied from the official books anyway....
i would buy the book since the tabs are gonna definately be right on, if you are willing to spend the money. im the same way
Quote by CaptDin
A band like Led Zeppelin probably already has tons of accurate tabs on UG. When I buy tab books, it's usually for crap that nobody likes except me.

Same here.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
1) Online tabs are free
2) Most tabs, even in books, are merely interpretations of the song. Although they are made by professionals, this does not make them superior to online tabs. I've seen tabs from books which sounded different to the recording.
3) Old and well-known songs, like those by Led Zeppelin, have been transcribed many times by many people, as well as being common to guitarists folklore, so tabs for famous songs are usually quite accurate.
4) I buy Guitar World, which has tabs in it. I appreciate those.
I sometimes do if there isn't accurate tabs.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
kick your self in the head for wasting money then take that thirty bucks and buy some mary jane light it up and go do something useful with your time
"Remember folks, it's all bull****. It's all bull**** and it's bad for ya." ~ George Carlin.
RIP
"The last real man in showbiz"
I use Google for tabs. If I can't find tabelature and I might figure it out by ear or buy a tab book.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
It's like candy. You can buy overpriced candy from a store that'll probably taste good, or get free candy from a suspicious van that might not taste good, but if you don't like it, you find another suspicious van.
Quote by sashki
1) Online tabs are free
2) Most tabs, even in books, are merely interpretations of the song. Although they are made by professionals, this does not make them superior to online tabs. I've seen tabs from books which sounded different to the recording.
3) Old and well-known songs, like those by Led Zeppelin, have been transcribed many times by many people, as well as being common to guitarists folklore, so tabs for famous songs are usually quite accurate.
4) I buy Guitar World, which has tabs in it. I appreciate those.

My friend has a tab book that has smoke on the water with barre chords.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
POLL. I use both. Tab books are good to have around
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
haha i bought a few tab books in my day (a joke cause im only 16 but n e way) dont buy tab books! waste of money. especially lead zepplin it has good tabs on the net. and like some dude already said most of the tab books are interpetations. i have seen and or own some that are prity much wrong. so yeah power to the internet... and also along with the other dude, whats withthe random CAPS in ur post.
peace
I Shit You Not
i use my ear most of the time and sometimes tabs but the only music related books i buy are for theory or chord or scale or genre related books (jazz and blue improvisation stuff)
I've only bought 2 tab books: one on classical guitar, and "The Fall of Ideals" by ATR cuz I just really liked that album and wanted to learn all those songs accurately. But that's it. Probably won't buy anymore.
personally i prefer tab books, it's just so much easier. especially if it's at a price for about $2 a song, thats great. but if your not in a band and only wanna play for enjoyment, just use UG cos it's accurate enough.