I'm trying to build my first pedal (a simple booster pedal) and I'm having some trouble finding the .15uf capacitors.

At www.smallbearelec.com they have capacitors with mf and pf values. I'm assuming the pf values are pico farads, and those don't work. I'm not sure however, whether mf means micro farads (same as uf) or milli farads.

Could anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance!
Cookie for me?
Mouser has basically any cap value you're looking for. It's hard to find Silver Micas there though...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Thanks a lot! I also didn't know how to type the Mu char.
And I'll be sure to check out Mouser.
Cookie for me?
Alt+0181 = µ

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Or Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map.

EDIT: SHOLY HELL! JIM DISAPPEARED!

Stupid name.

What kind of termination style do I need the pot in? Solder lug?
Cookie for me?
I believe so. Jim will be of better assistance than I am with pots. I'm a Cap/Resistor guy (first person to tell me that pots are also resistors gets eviscerated )
Quote by ihaveatail
Jim disappeared?

He had a post after mine that told you another way to get to the Character map (I believe it was start > run > charmap or something like that), and I posted the other route, but he deleted his post so it looked like I double posted

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 12, 2009,
I double posted...
Which resistor type works better for the pedal, carbon film or carbon composition?

And thanks for all your help!
Cookie for me?
Is it okay to use 820 kohm instead of 830, because I can't find 830. Since there's a 5% tolerance, would it matter?
Cookie for me?
Thanks again! Wow, I don't know what I'd do without UG.

Could I switch the battery snap for a DC jack? If so which kind should I get? I really don't like having to deal with batteries.

On Mouser (which is where I'm getting the parts from now so thanks Shinozoku!) what is a stomp switch called? Stomp switch yields no results and the pushbuttons look kind of iffy.

Thanks again!
Cookie for me?
http://mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?N=254124&Keyword=on%2foff+switch&FS=True

i typed in on/off switch and i navigated from there. they have momentary on and just the regular on/off
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack