well today, i awake from my slumber, open up ye olde laptop, and see on facebook a friend of mine who works at best buy has sent a message out that they would be having a sale on some stuff in the musical instrument dept. the item in question was an Epiphone Flying V, normally priced at $500,

FOR $118

i am immediately interested, and i head over later in the day. i see it, grab it, and head in the demo room to put it through its paces. this things a dime. one of those real cant pass up opportunities, plus ive been really wanting a V for a few months now, so this couldnt be any better

In short, grabbed a $500 flying v for $118, and its a jewel

pics

apologize for the fingerprints, ive been playing it all day
NOPE
Sweet deal, I woulda bought that any day of the week.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Dang man, you are a lucky little jerk.
Hehe, I woulda gotten an explorer in that finish and hardware color...
But the V is amazing!
I am a Stephenist
This offer is brought to you by
The Global Economic Recession™

A very good bargain you got there. Congratulations!

Would be funny if it weren't so true.
OMFG. I hate you... those aren't even made anymore. Happy NGD dick
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
for some reason, i don't think i would buy any musical instrument from best buy. idk why. congrats on the great deal. have fun.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
haha skechy but DECENT! i randomly obtained a 700 epi LP and it has conformed my dislike for the cheapness of epiphone products. that said, holy ****, dude, that is still a snag! even if it turns out to b cheap, who cares, u only payed 120 bucks for it. guitars just dont within reason come that cheap, and if ur lucky it wont fall apart and u will have something impressive looking to play for many years. soo have fun! and congrats.
Quote by a7xsteve
for some reason, i don't think i would buy any musical instrument from best buy. idk why. congrats on the great deal. have fun.

and yeah no kidding. they invented guitar stores for a every good and non sketchy reason... crazy bestbuy, wat do they think they'er doing.
I Shit You Not
I was playing an Epiphone Prophecy Explorer at the Best Buy here the other day and I was really surprised at how well it played. If it went on sale for that cheap, I'd have to buy it.
ahh i hate you so much, my gas for a V has returned
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
For that price, I think anyone would buy it. I'm not even a huge V fan, but I could always wail some Kravitz on it
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
haha thanks everyone, and its not a cheap guitar by any means. i talked to my friend about why it was so low, and he said its how they want to get out old stock, they just price it so low that they basically make nothing on it, but at least they get rid of it. so for us consumers its a huge advantage that theyre willing to take a hit like that to get rid of stock
NOPE
Nice! Looks like it could use a clean though... HNGD!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by snowjay
Nice guitar.

But have you ever heard of a vacuum? LOL

LOL I agree... Happy NGD, but your place is nasty!
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Ooo, change all the hardware to silver, and then paint it white. It would look so much cooler than it already is.

Congrats duude.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
little update on the status on this guitar, im jsut finishing up throwing EMGs in there (81/85). ive got to say, im REALLY impressed with how EMG has redesigned how to install their pickups, extremely minimal soldering, its basically all plug and go now, even with the volume and tone pots. only things that need soldering are just on the selector switch itself, and 3 lugs on the output jack, which the wires have sleeves that slide over the lugs to make it even easier. very satisfied with what they have done, too bad i dont have an extra 9v sitting around
NOPE
Sweet deal, and awesome guitar. HNGD. Only thing is if you're gonna take pictures of your guitar, move your masturbating tissues off the bed and out of the view first, in case anyone else caught that xD
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Welcome to the V club, and the "I got one for insanely cheap!" club too haha. I received my 2003 Flying V for the steep price of $5. Check it out here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048616&highlight=had+a+Flying+V+given+to+me

HNGD!
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Amazing deal I need to get me some friends that work at department stores. HNGD. I'll be getting a new one soon.
Quote by Flux'D
Welcome to the V club, and the "I got one for insanely cheap!" club too haha. I received my 2003 Flying V for the steep price of $5. Check it out here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048616&highlight=had+a+Flying+V+given+to+me

HNGD!

Holy S**t, $5?!
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
^Correct, not a typo.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ