I know that a lot of the sound depends on pedals and amp, but I know the guitar will make some difference. Any suggestions on a good guitar for rock/metal? I play a7x, metallica, bfmv, godsmack, atr, three days grace, soad, etc.

I have a Schecter Synyster Standard and a Jackson King V. Nothing over $1500 if you can please

Thanks!
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Dean ML, Ibanez RG, Gibson Les Paul, another schecter maybe?
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
Ibanez XPT700. Or the XPT700XHGSF.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Just wondering, but what is wrong with the guitars you have now? Do the pickups not satisfy you or do you just not like the shapes or something.

It just seems like those are usually decent guitars for metal.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Im not really sure. And no I dont have preference to bridge neck woods. And I dont really know much about pickups. I know that I dont want to get active because they have battery and stuff. But I'm not really sure...
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Slaying Dragons how did you design that guitar? Did you do it on jackson's website or did you do it on your own?
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
The guitars you have now are fine for the music you play... why do you need another one? I could understand if you were getting into a different style, but if you're playing metalcore/nu-metal.... well.... those should be fine. If I were you I'd consider investing in a new amp or maybe a new overdrive/distortion pedal, it'd probably make a bigger difference in the long run.
Ehh I dunno why I want another. Im pretty satisfied with my tone...Ive got the MXR M108 Bad Monkey and Valveking with an Eminence Man O War.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Schecter Damien 6.

Dont argue.
I have one, and I wouldnt sell it for even $500 cause I love the neck that much, and its just that great.

Its better than your Synyster. Trust me. Ive played it.
Before this I was thinking about Dean; just a heads up. But now im looking at all these...some of the ibanez are nice.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Take a look at the Ibanez RG series, they have some great guitars.
Ibanez RG1550M Electric Guitar
this looks decent...
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
men i recommend you a Dean like a Razorback or a ML i have a dean it sounds decent with a good price and you can buy it in guitar center for less than 1200$$$...
Mr Barry will inform you that the Gibson L5 is great for the rocks!

I personally feel that the reissued Ibanez RG in lazer blue would be awesome (even though it costs just as much as a brand new Mesa Mark V)

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/msg/1241216385.html
Here's one that's on craigslist. Its an older reissue, but Ibanez has reissued one for this year, check out the GuitarWorld's 2010 Buyers' Guide for details. The flip side of this unit is that it costs a dollar shy of a thousand.

Or how about the ESP Shinigami

Or how about you tell us what you want in a guitar?
For the shreds? For different tone woods? To look the br00talz?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 13, 2009,
Holy Crap that last guitar is amazing. I obviously have to play some of these to get a feel, because I dont think Ive ever held an Ibanez before. Im going to the shop tomorrow to get my amp fixed too so Ill try some out.

I want it to look cool yeah. I was looking at the Dean Cemetery Gates guitar. Im not one of those Dimebag fanboys, I hardly listen to Pantera, I just like the guitar. As far as playing..Im more of a rhythm player than solo, but not by much...As my playing improves, I imagine Ill solo more. Probably a 60 to 40 ratio...

And also as I think about buying a guitar for this range, I have 2, and I could get a really nice amp for this money. Right now I have a Peavey Valveking with eminence man o war speaker in it and an MXR M108. I dont gig anywhere big (haha) so when its miced up, and even without it, its loud enough...

So after explaining all that I'm thinking Im going with the guitar...

Hope that helps some lol.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Between the Razorback and the RG, personally, I'd go for the Ibanez Lazer blue cuz its a rarer colour. I wouldn't touch the Razorbacks though, you'd pay more for the name than the quality of the guitar.

Plus, why pay so much muneh to look like one of the Dime fanboys out there?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 13, 2009,
I know, but like I said earlier Im not. I honstly dont care if it says cemtery gates on it. the artwork looks amazing.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Dude, I 'd take a look at the Dark Side of Dean from DBZ. Those guitars freakin scream metal. Just posted this comparison chart in another thread. Now don't get me wrong, I love my slime razorback but look at the bird of prey from DBZ...

I've got two on back order already and saving up for a third for the DBZ Venom or Halcyon which I can't freakin decide which.

Hope that helps bro.

CB
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
I'd go with an Ibanez RG, personally.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Well then Ive narrowed it down to Ibanez and Dean. That bird of prey is sick, but i look at the cemetery gates one..its just amazing lol.

Anyways I was able to play with an ibanez in the shop today, the one that I posted earlier wasn't able to to be played. But the action on the Ibanez is extremely low, which I like. And the necks felt great. Im going to have to keep doing research, and try and find a place where they will let me play a Dean.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
I'd go with an Ibanez RG, personally.

Dude, I love the Ibanez RG, it was a good starter guitar for me back in the day but nowadays they have them made in Indonesia and the quality just stinks IMHO. For metal however, there are a only a few companies I'd consider.
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion