Hey guys, ive been playin a dsl 50 for about a year and a half now. Last night i showed up to practise, flicked on my amp, and noticed a significal volume loss on both channels, too much bass coming out in my tone, and ocassionally a lot of unwanted feedback coming out of my amp. Ive never had a tube go bad before as this is my first tube amp. Just wondering if this is characteristic of power or preamp tubes? both? or something else all together.

Thanks.

Edit: dunno if this helps, but as the amp was powering down it sounded like there was crackling.
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn WR120 Rocker Series
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus
Last edited by FarFromDead at Jul 12, 2009,
Could be either. Tap the preamp tubes while the amp is on using the eraser end of a pencil and see if you get more feedback and squealing. Also see if all your tubes are set correctly, and if they're glowing red (orange through the direct center with some blue is normal, but red all throughout is NOT).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Hmm thanks for the tips. If i have to replace a preamp tube, can i do one of the four? or do i need to do all of them?
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn WR120 Rocker Series
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus