Well, the thing is, I'm trying to compose music on Guitar Pro for a piano. I've got two different tracks (one for each hand) each set to Acoustic Piano, all that jazz. I just need to know: What would be the best tunings for each track to make it easy to compose a piece. Any help is greatly appreciated!
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
dropped Z
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I would actually go as far as to recommend a different program called Finale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finale_(software)

I used to use it before when I had different piano sheet music. It works just like GP in a sense. I think there are some trial versions you can use and I remember Finale Notepad being one of the basic ones that is cheap assuming you aren't about to do something illegal like download it somewhere else -_-
This is for the guitar 1:
1: F
2: D
3: A
4: B
5: G
6: F#

Guitar 2:
2: A
3: G
5: A
6: G

6 String Bass
1: A
2: G
3: C#
4: F#
6: A
Well, I may have forgotten how to do this but in one of the toolbar menus you can select to show a piano which you can choose which notes to hit, and it automatically sets it to a fret.
Quote by emerald876
Well, I may have forgotten how to do this but in one of the toolbar menus you can select to show a piano which you can choose which notes to hit, and it automatically sets it to a fret.

Oh yeah...there is that too >_>
Quote by emerald876

I know. That's what I'm doing to compose the song. But I still have to set the tuning for the track. I need one for each hand. but I don't know two tunings that go together good for piano.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
This is for the guitar 1:
2: D
3: A
6: F#

Guitar 2:
2: A
3: G
5: A
6: G

6 String Bass
1: A
2: G
3: C#
4: F#
6: A

First of all, I didn't ask for guitar tunings or a bass tuning. Secondly, which notes are those. On the tunings there's F0, F1, F2, F3, etc. Can you explain what the hell that post was supposed to mean?
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Post the left-hand, as a 7-string standard ----> BEADGBE, and leave the right hand in 6-string standard. simple.
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Quote by Chaos Nil
I would actually go as far as to recommend a different program called Finale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finale_(software)

I used to use it before when I had different piano sheet music. It works just like GP in a sense. I think there are some trial versions you can use and I remember Finale Notepad being one of the basic ones that is cheap assuming you aren't about to do something illegal like download it somewhere else -_-

I have nightmares about composing on Finale. It is at least seventeen million times harder to use than Guitar Pro.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
why would the tunings matter? the guitar tabs are irrelevant, just use the piano board thingy and look at the sheet music
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
why would the tunings matter? the guitar tabs are irrelevant, just use the piano board thingy and look at the sheet music

because if you leave it as standard guitar tunings, you can't hit all the notes on the keyboard. it leaves out about 3 octaves of notes on the low end. plus you can't two notes that would normally interfere with each other on a guitar. know what i'm saying?
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I have nightmares about composing on Finale. It is at least seventeen million times harder to use than Guitar Pro.

I actually like Finale a lot. A friend of mine used it. But I just don't have the time or the money to buy and learn a new program. Too complicated.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by SaiNt adEL #13
First of all, I didn't ask for guitar tunings or a bass tuning. Secondly, which notes are those. On the tunings there's F0, F1, F2, F3, etc. Can you explain what the hell that post was supposed to mean?

That's to set the octave. For a reference, Middle C is C4.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by afromonkeyR0X
Post the left-hand, as a 7-string standard ----> BEADGBE, and leave the right hand in 6-string standard. simple.

ah...tht works pretty good. thx!
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by afromonkeyR0X

this, apart from do it so it's all in fourths, or at least so the intervals are the same between all the strings. It makes it easier, trust me.