could someone recommend me some 80's pop-rock. By pop-rock, I mean something along the lines of the following:

Billy Idol
Bon Jovi
David Bowie
Duran Duran
Poison
U2

Not shred, but more 80's pop-rock and hard rock I guess is what I'm looking for.

What other artists/bands should I look into?
i think you pretty much covered it other than going into hairmetal like def leppard, skid row, and journey.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by iceh88
i think you pretty much covered it other than going into hairmetal like def leppard, skid row, and journey.

i see you said journey, while i was typing my previous post lol
I tried Journey in the past. Theyre good, they just didnt do it for me for some reason. IDK. Good players though.
Michael Jackson, Foreigner, Genesis, Phil Collins, Prince, Don Henley, The Cars, Dire Straits, Loverboy, Triumph, Asia, Talking Heads, Eurythmics, A Flock of Seagulls, The Outfield

Quite a lot more one-hit wonders as well
Quote by The Philosopher
I ran my mouse pointer over a link and the pointer changed and I thought it was the grenade danger indicator from COD5 so I was trying to find a way to move away from it but couldn't, so I panicked and ran out of the room.
Last edited by branflakes439 at Jul 12, 2009,
any band that has an epic power ballad or more than one, im talking about Guns N Roses, Motley Crue, Def Leppard (youll love that one) or Warrant.

Abot pop rock,
Michael Jackson? Beat It, check that song
magnum.

youtube them. search for magnum hammersmith and be blown away by them. melodic rock without being cheesy. freaking phenomenal live band.

on a storytellers night, vigilante and wings of heaven are three of the best rock records from the eighties.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Jul 23, 2009,