We're wanting to do a metal cover of Paul McCartney's Mr. Bellemy. Any ideas on how to do it? (Tab, if possible)

Thanks.
Tab it yourself. Stop being lazy, it isn't that hard.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
A pencil and a bit of paper could be a start. Why don't you just go play the song right now but use high gain and then change parts where it sounds crap. Seriiously, not hard.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Situations like these are exactly why you need to develop an ear for music and transcribing.
Am I the only one who thought this thread was about MUSE?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
I did, its okay
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by kranoscorp

i was coming to this thread just to point out it was "Bellamy"with an A... but... no
It's so easy. I mean, I once played modern Gospel like Hillsong and if you want to be lazy, just switch around the chords using the root and for instance, make a powerchord then give it a Metallica-feeling by pedalling the root with palm muting on both beats and upbeats. Nothing to it. Then I used pinch harmonics, effects, rapid arpeggiation with heavy distortion for that which seemed to my liking. All in standard tuning so imagine the posibilites. I made my own style of their style. I actually developed quite some ear from the practice of "fooling"around.

If you want to really go in depth though, look around for the progression in the song and use similar notes and chords down or up the neck to play along your style/band's style. Make a solo based on your skill that actually goes along with the song, don't just do repetitive scales or Yngwies.

We could make you many suggestions, but only you and your band will know what sounds right to your ears. Remember our gear nor our playing style will ever exactly match yours. Just experiment around and let everyone respectfully contribute. No "GTFO Drummer or lolBassist" comments or anything like that. Good Luck.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by RR787
It's so easy. I mean, I once played modern Gospel like Hillsong and if you want to be lazy, just switch around the chords using the root and for instance, make a powerchord then give it a Metallica-feeling by pedalling the root with palm muting on both beats and upbeats. Nothing to it. Then I used pinch harmonics, effects, rapid arpeggiation with heavy distortion for that which seemed to my liking. All in standard tuning so imagine the posibilites. I made my own style of their style. I actually developed quite some ear from the practice of "fooling"around.

If you want to really go in depth though, look around for the progression in the song and use similar notes and chords down or up the neck to play along your style/band's style. Make a solo based on your skill that actually goes along with the song, don't just do repetitive scales or Yngwies.

We could make you many suggestions, but only you and your band will know what sounds right to your ears. Remember our gear nor our playing style will ever exactly match yours. Just experiment around and let everyone respectfully contribute. No "GTFO Drummer or lolBassist" comments or anything like that. Good Luck.

Ok, that makes sense, but how do I figure out the chords? I can't find anything on the song and I don't think any of the song is actually on guitar. It sounds like mostly piano and some other instruments that I can't place.

Has anybody ever heard this song before?
Quote by Xailiar
Ok, that makes sense, but how do I figure out the chords? I can't find anything on the song and I don't think any of the song is actually on guitar. It sounds like mostly piano and some other instruments that I can't place.

Has anybody ever heard this song before?

just keep listening to the song over and over again and soon enough you'll hear what chords are being used.