So was looking for a movie to watch, just kind of perusing some reviews of different stuff when I got to Natural Born Killers (1994, Stone). Sounded interesting, but then clicked on this wikipedia link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Born_Killers#.27Copycat.27_crimes

There are a **** ton of copy cat murderers who watched the film (somewhere between 10-20 viewings in a short period of time seemed to be the magic number) and then went on a mass murdering spree.

First off, what the ****. Is this movie like some sort of like flashing lights lsd trip that just blinks the word MURDER over and over again, brainwashing its viewers to to cut of the heads of the those around them?

Second off, will I likely commit a crime after seeing the movie? I'm the only male in this dormitory for the summer and currently there is a high school all girls soccer camp staying here. Perfect scenario for a slaying.

Thirdly, have you killed someone after seeing this movie?

I love Oliver Stone films and it's a screenplay written by Quentin Tarentino so damn near a match made in cinema heaven for me, however I'd like to not be a serial killer after seeing it. So if you've seen the movie, what'd you think?
Quote by rossjohnson87
I'm the only male in this dormitory for the summer and currently there is a high school all girls soccer camp staying here. Perfect scenario for a slaying.

more like a perfect scenario for a serial rapist

<.<

>.>
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Last edited by cheez1492 at Jul 12, 2009,
I love this movie, I have watched it a lot and never killed anyone...just watch it, you WILL like it. I am sure you wont want to kill anyone after watching it.

Awesome thread.

I've watched it about 10 times. I've killed no one. And I never thought I'd say that
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Jul 12, 2009,
yes, you will murder after seeing the film, out of the hundreds of thousands of viewers of this film, all have/will go on to murder
Quote by rossjohnson87
Second off, will I likely commit a crime after seeing the movie? I'm the only male in this dormitory for the summer and currently there is a high school all girls soccer camp staying here. Perfect scenario for a slaying.

This raises a more important question. Why are you in your room watching movies when you should be out pimping bigger than Snoop Dogg walking a puppy?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Focus more on nookie, and less on movies. You've got your whole life ahead of you sport, make the best of what you've got now. You can watch the movie while cuddling with the 43 girls you just had an orgy with.
In 1994, a 14-year-old boy from Dallas, Texas decapitated a 13-year-old classmate. When asked why he did it, he allegedly said it was because he "wanted to be famous. Like the Natural Born Killers." was listening to Marilyn Manson and playing GTA.
Quote by ShaunDiel
In 1994, a 14-year-old boy from Dallas, Texas decapitated a 13-year-old classmate. When asked why he did it, he allegedly said it was because he "wanted to be famous. Like the Natural Born Killers." was listening to Marilyn Manson and playing GTA.

Something seems... off...
The most well-known event associated with The Catcher in the Rye is arguably Mark David Chapman's shooting of John Lennon.[14] Chapman identified with the novel's narrator to the extent that he wanted to change his name to Holden Caulfield. On the night he shot Lennon, Chapman was found with a copy of the book in which he had written "This is my statement" and signed Holden's name.[15] Later, he read a passage from the novel to address the court during his sentencing.[16] Daniel Stashower speculated that Chapman had wanted Lennon's innocence to be preserved by death, inspired by Holden's wish to preserve children's innocence despite Holden's later realization that children should be left alone.[16]

After John Hinckley, Jr.'s assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan in 1981, police found The Catcher in the Rye among half a dozen other books in his hotel room.[17]

Robert John Bardo, who murdered Rebecca Schaeffer, was carrying the book when he visited Schaeffer's apartment in Hollywood on July 18, 1989.[18]

As numerous murders have been speculated to be connected to the novel, the film Conspiracy Theory depicts assassins brainwashed with an urge to purchase it.[15]

Quoted direct from wikipedia. Similar effect.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
It's a good movie. It romanticizes killing and violence, you just need to know what is and isn't acceptable. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders...for now.
I couldn't watch the whole movie the first time I tried. It was just all over the place and crazy... I wasn't in the right mood for it. I should try again...
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||