Is there anyway i can get genuine gibson thunderbird tone out of an epiphone thunderbird. Pickups replacement suggestions? Anything? i know the epiphone thunderbird is not a good bass and i need a new one desperatly , but help is appreciated.

Thanks, Gary
You could look into an Epiphone Thunderbird Pro:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Thunderbird-ProIV-Bass?sku=581657

Which has a better bridge (gasp) and is neck-thru whereas the normal Epiphone one is bolt-on. Also, I spy different pickups as there's another tone knob. Haven't played one myself or how it stacks up to a Gibson but I would imagine it's a step up from the standard.
i was actually thinking about that..but, doesnt the pro have an active eq system or something? now, ive never played on anything active. what are the differences?
YOure right, the pro is active... active gives it a crisper tone usually
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
mmm...maybe i will look into it, but i am actually saving up for an acoustic 200 watt stack right now
Quote by Steve08

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Thunderbird-ProIV-Bass?sku=581657

Which has a better bridge (gasp) and is neck-thru whereas the normal Epiphone one is bolt-on. Also, I spy different pickups as there's another tone knob. Haven't played one myself or how it stacks up to a Gibson but I would imagine it's a step up from the standard.

...Is it just me, or is this an incredibly gorgeous bass?
yes, yes it is...
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
Quote by thndrbyrd99
mmm...maybe i will look into it, but i am actually saving up for an acoustic 200 watt stack right now

Don't buy that, it's ridiculous to have a 200 watt stack, get a combo or a stack with real power.
don't get it because a 200 watt stack is not necessary. Either get a stack with some real power or a 200 watt combo. There's no point in getting a low power stack, it's just posing, saying you have a stack. That 200 watt head will only put out 100 watts into 1 cab and 100 watts is a pitiful amount of power to gig with. You'll either have to buy a full stack to get the 200 watts from it or buy a 200 watt combo

In my opinion the bare minimum amount of power you should want from a full 2 cab stack is 500 watts and 300 from a 1 cab half stack.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
They sound the same?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Steve08

He's looking for a Thunderbird sound. Active pickups will not sound like a Thunderbird.
Quote by thndrbyrd99

Well, it's not. Acoustic makes great amps but that stack is a complete waste. Get other Acoustic combos, or an Ashdown, a Peavey or a Carvin, they are excellent amps and great price.
Quote by watchingmefall
Well, it's not. Acoustic makes great amps but that stack is a complete waste. Get other Acoustic combos, or an Ashdown, a Peavey or a Carvin, they are excellent amps and great price.

+1, you don't really need a stack 'till you can suply the power to drive it properly, other wise it's really just a waste of money & space, hell I'm runnig a 500 watt half stack, if that shows anything.
Last edited by higgins666 at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by watchingmefall
Don't buy that, it's ridiculous to have a 200 watt stack, get a combo or a stack with real power.

That is very true. I have a Fender Bassman 250w with 2x10s. After bartering on a used one, i got it for $220.
Try adding more delay.