I own a Mesa-Boogie 5:25, which has quite a bit of gain and channel switching, but not as much gain as a Mesa Mark II or a RoadKing. So, I was wondering what people might recommend for a pedal to increase my gain (not to replace it). I would use this pedal almost exclusively for soloing, so it has to have hight sustain. I'm looking for something that isn't crunchy like an EHX Metal Muff, but very fluid and smooth.
Thanks.
Carl Martin Hydra Boost.

I use an Ibanez TS9 with my 5:25, but it adds too much colour for my taste.
do you run the TS9 through the FX loop, and would you run the Hydra Boost through the FX loop?
Quote by thebjorno
do you run the TS9 through the FX loop, and would you run the Hydra Boost through the FX loop?

You'd run it before the amp. If you like the tone you already have, I would suggest a light overdrive/boost pedal. The Digitech Hardwire pedals are really nice for the price, or you could go with a Boss OD-3.
^+1
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i'd prefer not to muddle my tone with digital nonsense, i'm an analog man and willing to spend more money that that (preferably $150-$250), but thanks, i used to use Boss alot, but i find that the knobs aren't sensitive enough and that the tone controls aren't powerful enough