I've been playing for a few years and have decided to gift myself with a very nice acoustic electric guitar but i have no idea where to start on which one to get... i'm looking for a guitar with a wider fretboard like the ovation 2773lx/6773lx models, something good for fingerstyle guitar like some of the greenfield or lakewood models, just not nearly as expensive....i like playing percussive styles as well if it changes anything. does anyone have some good suggestions of what i should get? my budget is 2k
Last edited by Themann810 at Jul 12, 2009,
You can't get a custom for under $2000.

Honestly, just go out into a store and play anything that catches your eye. Look at the price tag after that. $2000 is quite a bit of money and the chances are that whatever you pick up will probably be under that.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I would recommend staying away from Ovations, mainly because they are terrible acoustic guitars. A super nice used Gibson slope shoulder is in your range.

Edit: And you specified in the title that you want to spend more than 2 thousand. Best fix that arrow.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Jul 12, 2009,
That giuat I linked to you is under $1000, so that would be awesome. It plays VERY well too, it's better than a Gibson Dove IMO.

Also take a look at Tanglewood, they make very nice guitars for a lot less than most companies.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Fryer Mike
That giuat I linked to you is under $1000, so that would be awesome. It plays VERY well too, it's better than a Gibson Dove IMO.

Also take a look at Tanglewood, they make very nice guitars for a lot less than most companies.

the soundport techs look interesting but i do no see where you could purchase one
and regarding the tanglewoods this may seem like a dumb question but how can i differentiate the acoustics from the acoustic electros based on the views of the guitar they give...
Last edited by Themann810 at Jul 13, 2009,
They should have a specifications list somewhere on the websites. Generally, there are acoustic and versions with electronics for most guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.