Page 1 of 2
what is the best reverb stomp box u've ever used?, what is the best pedal out there? i've been thinking about the line-6 verbzilla, i've heard Dr.scientist's radical red reverbereator is awesome also, which do u recommend?

thanqs...
I havent heard good things about the line 6.
But i played once with an EHX Holy grail, it was great
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Dont get the Holy Grail.

Personally, I would get the Dr Scientist RRR. Its easily the best reverb I've ever used.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
The Verbzilla is awesome, and the Digitech Hardwire is pretty good as well
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
mmm... what i am looking 4 in a pedal is to be versatile and to have modern reverbs, not to be focused in those spring reverbs, i don't play rock, that's wahy the verbzilla is my first option, seems to be pretty moldeable, and has 11 different reverbs!!, do u know if Dr.scientist's RRR sounds modern and not "rocky" at all also??

10nks alot!!
Quote by DiizZ
Dont get the Holy Grail.

Personally, I would get the Dr Scientist RRR. Its easily the best reverb I've ever used.

best advice i have heard all day. i too had bought a grail, not really the worst pedal i have ever owned, but it is def the one that gave me the most trouble. 'oh it doesn't like flourescent lights', 'you don't want to plug the grail's power supply into a strip with other power supplies', 'it doesn't like to work noise free with voodoo labs power supplies', 'oh, this doesn't run off a battery'. i am surprised i didn't throw it out a window before i had the opportunity to trade it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
yes, i've read several holy grail users complaining about some hiss or noise besides bad sound quallity with most of the gear they used it with, but isn't all this problems solved with the holy grail plus?, i read somewhere that with the new holy grail plus most of the problems of the first one where just gone, any experience?

10nks alot, cheers!!
Reverbarator? (sp?) I think it's called that. Dr Scientist makes it.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Malekko Spring Chicken

check out the proguitarshop demo on youtube. its based on spring reverb, hence the "Spring" chicken.
holy grail is ok... had one for awhile and never failed me, but i have heard of people getting lemons, either way, no one here has really mentioned the "world's greatest" reverb pedal yet.

T-Rex Roommate. To hear is to love.

...and everyone who said anything by line 6 or digitech should slap the dog**** out of yourself.
Quote by Darkflame
my holy grail plus works very well thank you, never had any trouble with it

we never said your grail didn't work. but they tend to work in optimal conditions rather than in sub-optimal conditions, at least that is my experience cuz mine took every opportunity to give me flac. i don't rail on too many products, but this one definitely left me wanting(not tone wise, it was good enough for that when it worked).

i am sure there are plenty of other people with working holy grails, but my advice is not to take the risk when there is plenty of robust stuff out there. thus ends my 2 cents.

btw, this thread is great, i have found at least 2 reverbs def worth looking into.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by GrisKy

...and everyone who said anything by line 6 or digitech should slap the dog**** out of yourself.

Get out of this thread right now because you have no idea what you're talking about.

On topic: EHX Cathedral
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Get out of this thread right now because you have no idea what you're talking about.

this is laughable.
So you think that the verbzilla and the hardwire are bad reverbs then?

That, good sir, is laughable.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by GrisKy

Way to be a moron. The Verbzilla and Hardwire reverbs are excellent pedals, and both companies make some really, really cool stuff
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by Greenwood991
So you think that the verbzilla and the hardwire are bad reverbs then?

yes, absolutely horrible when the thread is about the best of the best, not the best on a budget.
Quote by GrisKy
yes, absolutely horrible when the thread is about the best of the best, not the best on a budget.

Actually the TS asked for:
Quote by Razwithz
what is the best reverb stomp box u've ever used?

What if the verbzilla is the best reverb I've ever used?
Does my opinion not count?

Also, for certain uses, the verbzilla and hardwire can be the best of the best.

www.wearewerebear.com
so i have seen som of the pedal's u've told me to and found this:
-the EHX holy grail has just 3 kinds of reverb and 2 knobs one for mix and the other for amount of reverb
-the digitech hardwire has got 7 kinds of reverb and 3 knobs, level, liveness and decay
-the DR.Scientist's RRR has got 9 kinds of reverb and 2 knobs, one for mix and the other for boost ¿?
-T-rex's roommate has got 4 types of reverb and 3 knobs for 'em: mix, level and high cut ¿?
-line-6 verbzilla has got 11 kinds of different reverbs!! and other 4 knobs for gettin u're tone: mix, decay,time and tone

now, knowing all this stuff i am between the verbzilla and the RRR,what most catches me about the verbzilla is it's amount of knobs and reverbs wich is = to versatility, now the RRR, it just has got 2 knos and 9 reverbs, but i've heard several people sayin it is just awesome, the problem is that in the site they use to much publicity, wich could mean not very good quality sound, i am a very picky person, i like to explore and experiment alot with the sounds and the effects.

10nks alot buddies!, really help!!!
cheers
Last edited by Razwithz at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by GrisKy
this is laughable.

Elitist moron detected.

The Hardwire pedals are also !!omg!! true bypass (some of them being true/buffer selectable like the DL-8).

If it really makes you feel better, the Hardwire line of pedals wasn't designed in-house by DigiTech as far as I know, they only acquired them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
he left off the tech 21. i couldnt find a spring chicken or i probably would have grabbed it. less knobs = better, imo
really less knobs = better? 0.0
i can't find anywhere the EHX Cathedral

cheers!!
Quote by Raijouta
Elitist moron detected.

The Hardwire pedals are also !!omg!! true bypass (some of them being true/buffer selectable like the DL-8).

If it really makes you feel better, the Hardwire line of pedals wasn't designed in-house by DigiTech as far as I know, they only acquired them.

Victim of mass-produced, over-publicized, almost-non-existent-quality-control, moron detected... and no, what would make me feel better is if it sounded worth a s***.

ITLIS: no, they're not, but you are right about their respective companies making some cool stuff... not to mention one of them is the parent company behind protools... just so happens that neither of these pedals fall into their finer moments.

Green: way to quote when it suits your needs, but I believe TS also followed that statement with, "what is the best pedal out there?" If the best reverb you've used is the verbzilla, then you need to "Get out of this thread right now because you have no idea what you're talking about."

Paper: your list was full of crap reverbs, with the exception of the SC, BUT you redeemed yourself nicely by being the first to mention Tech21, which is maybe the best of the lower-budget reverbs.
EDIT: wait a minute, gregs beat you to it.

and finally/most importantly, TS: you don't judge a pedal by the number of knobs or effect "types" the same way you don't judge a book by it's cover... or you could listen to all the highschool kids on here telling you otherwise. Whatev, it's your dough.
Last edited by GrisKy at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
the cathedral's not out yet. the only thing we know about it so far is what it looks like

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/zoom_img/_1247647946.jpg

yet somehow people on here have recommended it??? thanks for pointing out this over-looked fact that more or less negates every mention of the product on this thread (atleast for the time being).

+1
Quote by GrisKy
Victim of mass-produced, over-publicized, almost-non-existent-quality-control, moron detected... and no, what would make me feel better is if it sounded worth a s***.

Ok, you just insulted a very knowlegeable person on this forums, seriously stop being a douche poeple are trying to help TS, you just call them morons
You have a good way of making friends sir, I'm not saying you don't know anything about gear or anything, in fact, may be you do, I'm just saying that you're being the moron here
Quote by Sguit
Ok, you just insulted a very knowlegeable person on this forums, seriously stop being a douche poeple are trying to help TS, you just call them morons
You have a good way of making friends sir, I'm not saying you don't know anything about gear or anything, in fact, may be you do, I'm just saying that you're being the moron here

First off, that "very knowledeable person" stepped out of his way to insult me after I gave solid advice in the face of very dumb, wrong posts. So, if your idea of "help" is to give bad advice, then yes, I will refer to you as King of the Morons.

Further, I'm not here to make friends. What am I supposed to do with your friendship? Come to you with gear questions? I think not, as I've seen the quality of work by most here on UG. You think I'm a douche? Fine, I can live with that. Can you live with the fact that you have no Earthly idea what you're talking about?

So when some kid pops up a thread and wants to know what the best reverb pedal is that's out there, or whatever the ****, and the best answers he's getting are crap from digitech and line-****ing-6, then I'm going to do everything in my power to discredit those idiots who would lead the TS astray... because I might find myself listening to him one day, and bad tone pisses me off. If you want to get butt-hurt about it, I really couldn't care less.
Quote by GrisKy

So when some kid pops up a thread and wants to know what the best reverb pedal is that's out there, or whatever the ****, and the best answers he's getting are crap from digitech and line-****ing-6, then I'm going to do everything in my power to discredit those idiots who would lead the TS astray.

There's nothing wrong with that, its the way you do it that's not the most, well, diplomatic. You could just calm down and express your opinion without destroying other poeple's opinions.
damn, stop it, i think there are several different opinions and we all should tolerate them, obviously each person thinks different thinks about each pedal, if it wasn't, the entire world would need only one reverb pedal, the're would be only one brand and only one model, i asked for help, not for discussions,i asked for people who could tell me wich is their favourite pedal and why, so i can know what kind of person he/she is and if i'm like him/her i'll know if that's what i'm looking for.
don't figth dudes, as they say: "What's the point?"

now...
the cathedral looks awesome!!, it has got several options, my picky and experimentfull ears are waiting to play with it , does anybody knows when does it come out?
...In fact, this is the most attractive pedal to me now, one of the reasons i want a reverb pedal is because i'm a big fan of Behexen (Raw Black Metal)and, in their songs, the guitars sound like if they where playing inside of a big big church or even a...CATHEDRAL hahaha xD
so, it comes perfect for me in that way

10nks 4 the help and sory 4 my bad english
cheers!!
Best Reverbs?

OMG my favorite is the Line 6 Verbzilla, what-ever should I do?

#1 - Line 6 verbzilla

Seriously though, the Verbzilla is awesome. It has two spring settings, a cave mode, hall mode, tile room mode, octave setting (BA BTW), and echo, and a few more. Its heavy, sucks battries like my mom does a maragritta. It sounds good and digital at times, but it works. I like to use the hall function to add depth to my solos.

#2 - Boss FDR-1 "Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb"

This thing matches, the best that it can, what an old DR spring unit would do. Its not the Holy Arsenal that many people make it out to be, but I liked it better than the Holy Grail, and the Hardwire sound at first. (Dont get me wrong, you cant go wrong with hardwire, true bypass and backwards reverb make that thing a no brainer.) The Tap-Tempo functionality on the FDR-1 were sweet, and I think Boss did well.

#3 - Spring Boxes

I tried a few of these. I never got to see the dr. scientist in use, i wanted to, but never got to stomp that box myself. Spring boxes are great for matching that old fender sound. The Demeter Spring box sounds freaking awesome.

My sudgesstion is for you to get out there and try some reverb effects and tell us what you like.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Grisky.
You **** with Nightraven, Raj, and greenwood, then you **** with me.
The verbzilla is not a "Beft for budget" item.
The Verbzilla happens to sound wonderfull.
Stop being an Elitist without taking in consideration that more money doesn't always mean it is better.
Nightraven actually has to be the biggest "I want only the VERY BEST" kind of guy when it comes to guitar pedals, his board is quite intense.

I'm currently gassing for the limited edition Spring Chickens That PGS has for the dwell control, and I have High faith in the Cathedral, I cannot wait to hear it.
At the moment I am looking for the Verbzilla in particular because I am not that big on the Hardwire some reason, Just didn't tickle my fancy.
+ 1000 to whoever said malekko spring chicken.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Anyone else clock that GrisKy hasn't infact mentioned any of these better pedals he seems to be going on about? He's commented on two, which were mentioned previously by someone else...

The hardwire sounds brilliant imo. I want one for the reverse 'verbs... This thread hasn't helped my GAS.
Quote by Austin_Scharosc
+ 1000 to whoever said malekko spring chicken.

Add an Expression pedal and you have my next add-on to my board.
+1 to the T-rex and Tech 21 recommendations.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Razwithz
really less knobs = better? 0.0!

For me yes, maybe not for everyone but I prefer the simple things that have great tone. I ended up with a tech 21, it has 5 or 6 knobs - I'm making it work...
Quote by GrisKy
*elitism words*

Hi new zachman5150

and +1 to the Spring chiken and the Verbzilla
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by ze monsta
Anyone else clock that GrisKy hasn't infact mentioned any of these better pedals he seems to be going on about? He's commented on two, which were mentioned previously by someone else...

The hardwire sounds brilliant imo. I want one for the reverse 'verbs... This thread hasn't helped my GAS.

post #13. learn how to read.

BTD: enjoy your verbzilla
Page 1 of 2