Not just some, it eats alot of your tone. IMO, one of the worst noise gates ever made. The only one I've ever really found to not totally screw up the tone was the ISP Decimator.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you use the pedal correctly and use the 4 cable in an X method (theres a picture around here somewhere) it should work great with no problems.

I actually think its better then the ISP when used right.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
If you use the pedal correctly and use the 4 cable in an X method (theres a picture around here somewhere) it should work great with no problems.

I actually think its better then the ISP when used right.

Uhh, can I see the picture? Nevermind, found it.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jul 13, 2009,
^ There ya go. Sorry I was kinda lazy and didn't get it. Thanks mikeyElite.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
^ There ya go. Sorry I was kinda lazy and didn't get it. Thanks mikeyElite.

So by doing this method the pedal will work without eating my tone?
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
So by doing this method the pedal will work without eating my tone?

Any pedal you use is going to change your tone a bit, theres no avoiding that. I personally think that the NS-2 when used like pictured above is really good about keeping your tone intact.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Any pedal you use is going to change your tone a bit, theres no avoiding that. I personally think that the NS-2 when used like pictured above is really good about keeping your tone intact.

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and buy it then using the method.
im personally using one, and yeah all pedals affect tone usually negatively, but definitely in the x method, doesnt really affect your tone all that much at least IMO
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
+1.
I use a NS-2 in the X-pattern with my JSX and it works very well. My half stack has absolutely zero noise at all volume levels. It works so well, that I use my Decimator with my HT5 instead.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
+1.
I use a NS-2 in the X-pattern with my JSX and it works very well. My half stack has absolutely zero noise at all volume levels. It works so well, that I use my Decimator with my HT5 instead.

why don't you use the JSX's gate? just curious...
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I use an NS-2 and if you set it up right...it'll work fine. Just play around with the order of things.
Another option is getting your hands on a Made In Japan model. I had a twainese for about a day and couldnt stand it. Swapped it out for a MIJ model and its been a decent unit im statisfied with it for now.
Quote by spiff389
why don't you use the JSX's gate? just curious...
I do, but the onboard gate is actually just a noise reduction feature. It eliminates preamp hiss and has no clamping or gating capabilities for stopping feedback.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
^got it. never knew that
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.