Well, I haven't noticed many threads about just general screwing with shit. You know what I mean, taking stuff apart to see how it works, finding useless junk and wondering "hmm, what could I make out of that?" basically like GB&C, but with whatever.

you'll know what I'm talking about if you have a drawer with a soldering iron and glue-gun full of bits of wire, LEDs, button cell batteries, parts to all types of things that you don't even know what they go to anymore, etc.

I felt like doing something like this the other night, but couldn't think of anything. Then I saw a video by kipkay on youtube (look him up, he's got some good projects) where he took out the LED for the scroll lock (what's that for anyway?) connected wires to where it was, and ran em out through holes in the top of the keyboard so he could have little lights to light up the keyboard that turn on when you hit the scroll button. So, I found an old red LED and did something similar, but with only one light and I made mine look a lot better.

<edit> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOn72Y5DT6M here's his video I also added a strand of solder with my wires for the led to make it stand up better.</edit>

So, have ya'll made anything cool lately? got any projects you're working on?
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jul 13, 2009,
this one time i pretended i was a dinosaur and then i was like....lolwut?
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
I've rigged a machine to play the MacGyver theme music whenever I ask people for stuff...
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
Well years ago, I took apart my game boy color. I removed the plastic covering. Then I made it run on triple a batteries, that was my mission I ran out of AA...It also gives you electrical shocks, then the game shuts off if you remove your hands. You in order to continue playing pokemon, I have to undergo multiple electrical shocks.

I don't know if this counts, but I made a fully working crossbow out of bionicle pieces and a couple rubber bands. It shot over 30 yards. In fact, I should make that again!
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Jul 13, 2009,
i repaired a washing machine, alarm clock, toy gun, electric drum set, ice dispenser, and more by taking it apart first. i also once fixed a soldering iron with a soldering iron. i found that ironic.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by ajreciever14
i repaired a washing machine, alarm clock, toy gun, electric drum set, ice dispenser, and more by taking it apart first. i also once fixed a soldering iron with a soldering iron. i found that ironic.

Quote by archangels666
I've been wanting to make a homemade talkbox for a while now.

I still haven't yet.

yea, I've been wanting to try making a homemade pedal, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. it's a little advanced for me and I just haven't really looked into it yet.
I took apart my old pokemon games and replaced the battery

I broke open broken remotes and fixed them (later we got a universal remote T.T)

I set up my family's HDTv

I created an electromagnet out of a few batteries a magnet and some paperclips

I made a little "gun" device to shoot balls of paper across classrooms with enough force that they would hurt people and had a range of a large basketball court

I made a small explosive out of a battery

and I made a birdhouse
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL

T_T
Quote by Skullbolt
I made a little "gun" device to shoot balls of paper across classrooms with enough force that they would hurt people and had a range of a large basketball court

hmm, how did you do it? I've done stuff like that before, but most of the time it didn't shoot very far.
I made an A/B box out of mostly stuff from Radio Shack.

I love the fact that it's a $10 switch inside of a $4 box. I'll get a pic of it up in a sec.

Edit:

Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
hmm, how did you do it? I've done stuff like that before, but most of the time it didn't shoot very far.

I put a lot of tension on a rubber band through the use of a handle which held the band at 6 different places and kept it close to snapping but still being capable of being stretched to fire a very tiny paper ball (I'd have to show you and I don't have the thing anymore: apparently shooting a kid in the eye was a bad idea )
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL

T_T
today i put a short ram intake in my infiniti g35, that was some hardcore "tinkering" if you will. it was like a 3 hour project, heres what it looks like (the black intake pipe coming from the right side of the engine obviously)

Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
My sister tried fixing our nissan pathfinder's radio antennae using glue

that's now my car
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL

T_T
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
today i put a short ram intake in my infiniti g35, that was some hardcore "tinkering" if you will. it was like a 3 hour project, heres what it looks like (the black intake pipe coming from the right side of the engine obviously)

damn dude, that's badass.
Quote by The4thHorsemen

i cant tell if thats sarcasm or not haha
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by The4thHorsemen

I agree, that's awesome
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL

T_T