Page 1 of 2
So does it ever bother you when one of your favorite songs, or even a familiar song from the past is covered or used by a new band and you notice it and no one seems to know the original and then they hear the original and say "Lyke OMFG who covred this song!!! I love it!!! lulz!!!111one"

Easily enough like so: Disturbed - Land of Confusion is OBVIOUSLY the original song, I can't believe Genesis covered it... that's so weird?
Two words: Mad World

DirtyEdit:

also Hurt.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 13, 2009,
Genesis made it sound like it wasn't a disturbed song though, so no complaints from me =D

But i dont really understand.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Just tell them if it bothers you that much.

Not everyone listens to every piece of music ever created.

^what this guy said

and

no it doesnt bother me and it shouldnt bother you..
Quote by nostr0tomas
So does it ever bother you when one of your favorite songs, or even a familiar song from the past is covered or used by a new band and you notice it and no one seems to know the original and then they hear the original and say "Lyke OMFG who covred this song!!! I love it!!! lulz!!!111one"

Easily enough like so: Disturbed - Land of Confusion is OBVIOUSLY the original song, I can't believe Genesis covered it... that's so weird?

I forget who covered it, Disturbed or Godsmack, but the Good Times Bad Times cover absolutely made me go 'lolwut?'.

And I don't even like pears.
Yea alot of "emo" kids think Haste The Day wrote the song Long Way Down and it's a cover of a Goo Goo Dolls Song.
Quote by mmolteratx
^Genesis wrote the song dumbass.

No way man, Disturbed totally wrote it first. The one that Genesis came out with in 1986 was a cover of the future song.
quit b*tching. i like prince (yes, hes a great musician and song writer), but i dont go cahoots when i hear/see alternative fans saying that "darling nikki" is a good foo fighters song.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Well.. across the universe. Noone likes the beatles, but everyone likes that movie.
Pretty Much every band that has ever covered a beatles song and placed it into a movie or commercial.
I'm one of those stupid people then. I love it when bands modernize a song and bring it out to the public.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this. I love Jacko, he really was a genius. (No, im not jumping on the bandwagon, im driving it), but Fall Out Boy's and Alien Ant Farm's covers of "Beat It" and "Smooth Criminal" were fantastic, because they took a hit and made it a hit in a completely different time and place.
NIN did Hurt before Cash

js
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Quote by JacobTheMe
I'm one of those stupid people then. I love it when bands modernize a song and bring it out to the public.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this. I love Jacko, he really was a genius. (No, im not jumping on the bandwagon, im driving it), but Fall Out Boy's and Alien Ant Farm's covers of "Beat It" and "Smooth Criminal" were fantastic, because they took a hit and made it a hit in a completely different time and place.

fall out boys cover of beat it was god awful
Children of Bodom's cover of Oops I Did It Again is sooo much better than Brittney Spears'
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I get pissed when people say the same about movies and books. Like "Oh yeah, this is so similar to that movie, Angels and Demons!".

Also I read a review about A&D (the movie) and I stopped reading after "Dan Brown's next poorly written mess...", seriously if you're going to do a published review, check your facts first.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by HWFG1
NIN did Hurt before Cash

js

hell yeah, just like he covered social distortions "ring of fire"
Quote by JacobTheMe

those versions were popular for like a month at the most when they came out. im sure hardly anybody who sang alien ant farms version when it came out even knows who that band is anymore, and fallout boy will soon be forgotten and unpopular again, like taking back sunday and the used are now.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Let me just say:

Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes>The Who's original

I'm gonna have to disagree.

I did like Limp Bizkit's cover of Faith though.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
quit b*tching. i like prince (yes, hes a great musician and song writer), but i dont go cahoots when i hear/see alternative fans saying that "darling nikki" is a good foo fighters song.

Hmm. That is the one FF song I don't like.

And seriously, just calm down TS. You could always politely tell them. Its not their fault they don't know every single piece of music ever.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

can you say flo rida?

Right Round pisses me off. that's one that people actually don't know had an original.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
can you say flo rida?

Right Round pisses me off. that's one that people actually don't know had an original.

Sampling is totallllly different from covering. Rap/Hip-Hop is exempt from this discussion completely.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by ShaunDiel
I'm gonna have to disagree.

I did like Limp Bizkit's cover of Faith though.

i would agree w/ you, if it werent for that god awful rap sh*t that they added to the end. although i like george michael's version as well.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i would agree w/ you, if it werent for that god awful rap sh*t that they added to the end. although i like george michael's version as well.

Yes yes yes. My bad.

Minus that bullshit.

I like G.M's version too.
Quote by Sid McCall
Sampling is totallllly different from covering. Rap/Hip-Hop is exempt from this discussion completely.

but still. when I hear the song, I sing the original lyrics really loud over the new ones and people give me this really weird "that was a really stupid parody" looks.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
but still. when I hear the song, I sing the original lyrics really loud over the new ones and people give me this really weird "that was a really stupid parody" looks.

no, thats a "youre an idiot. stop ruining the f*cking song" look.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Its_Rock77
can you say flo rida?

I think it is sad that I actually know the original
Quote by ShaunDiel
Yes yes yes. My bad.

Minus that bullshit.

I like G.M's version too.

Well everything George does is awesome. Everything!
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Let me just say:

Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes>The Who's original

No. No. No, no, no, no.
Quote by hunterman
No. No. No, no, no, no.

why? because its fred durst singing it, and its cool to hate limp bizkit? seriously, that song wasnt overly-covered like they did w/ "faith". i dont see whats wrong w/ it. sure, you may not like it, but youre making it sound like its worthy of the death sentence and nobody in their right mind should/would like it.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by hunterman
No. No. No, no, no, no.

The Who ruined it with the upbeat part and Limp didn't. Plus Fred sang(sung?) it better.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
why? because its fred durst singing it, and its cool to hate limp bizkit? seriously, that song wasnt overly-covered like they did w/ "faith". i dont see whats wrong w/ it. sure, you may not like it, but youre making it sound like its worthy of the death sentence and nobody in their right mind should/would like it.

For some reason people think it is one of the worst covers ever. I think it is one of the best.
Quote by ShaunDiel
I liked how Michael Jackson covered that Alien Ant Farm song though.

That's one of the only covers I really like.

your funny
Page 1 of 2