Hey guys. So today I was at Guitar Showcase in San Jose and I saw this beauty. I played it and knew it was for me.

(Images made to thumbnails because they were bandwidth killers )

Its a JS1000. Edge Pro, DiMarzio pickups. Basically awesome. Except I need to raise the action a bit as the low E buzzes. Still one of the best feeling (and sounding) guitars Ive ever played.

Correction: New sources have informed me that this guitar is in fact a JS100. I was a bit disappointed, but I really dont mind, as it still feels and sounds excellent. It also has an Edge 3. That was the only major disappointment.
Last edited by Mr Lincolnlogs at Jul 13, 2009,
HNGD!
I've heard a lot of good things about the JS series so enjoy!
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
awesome guitar! HNGD!
My Gear:
Epiphone SG Special
Peavey Vypyr 75
Epiphone Hummingbird
Quote by Pac_man0123
Ew edge 3.

Ew JS series neck.

Ew candy apple red.

Other than that, HNGD.

Not Edge 3, Edge pro. I believe that is a better trem overall, but don't quote me, I don't know Ibanez that well.

Either way, HNGD!!!!!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i need my contacts, for a second i thought the cursive in the headstock said "jem jr" so i was about to **** all over this thread.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
awesome guitar!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I dont mean to rain on your parade, but Pac_man was right. Thats a JS100, and that is an Edge 3. No metal chips in the saddles, those pickups have one side of solid polepieces, not all hex like the Dimarzios in a JS1000, its Gloss red not Candy Apple red, and the biggest giveaway; the Joe Satriani inlay on the 21st fret.
Quote by littlephil
I dont mean to rain on your parade, but Pac_man was right. Thats a JS100, and that is an Edge 3. No metal chips in the saddles, those pickups have one side of solid polepieces, not all hex like the Dimarzios in a JS1000, its Gloss red not Candy Apple red, and the biggest giveaway; the Joe Satriani inlay on the 21st fret.

+1
I was going to say that... And the pickups have black circles instead of chrome that js1000 has.
I DON'T PLAY METAL!
HNGD!

Question TS, if this is a JS100, did you end out paying the price of a JS1000 for it?
please tell me you didnt get ripped off on that for the price of the 1000 :|
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by littlephil

Oh well. Its still a great guitar. It sounds nice. Damn though, my stomach just dropped when I read that and realized you were right.

And I only payed 700$ for it, so, in hindsight, that should have been a dead giveaway.

I still love the neck though, and the Edge 3 can be replaced... Right?
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Well, I'm not too sure if imagining this, but aren't they direct fits for OFRs?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Oh well. Its still a great guitar. It sounds nice. Damn though, my stomach just dropped when I read that and realized you were right.

And I only payed 700$ for it, so, in hindsight, that should have been a dead giveaway.

Well hey, at least you didn't get ripped off and pay the extra $1000!!

Taken from here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Ibanez Edge III route excepts ----------------------- Edge Pro, Original Floyd Rose, Gotoh LFR
Quote by MetalHead916
Well hey, at least you didn't get ripped off and pay the extra $1000!!

Taken from here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Ibanez Edge III route excepts ----------------------- Edge Pro, Original Floyd Rose, Gotoh LFR

I know. I would have raged. But thank you for the info on that, Ill work on replacing it.
if you're buying your replacement trem from a store, take your JS to get it test fitted first.

ive heard of so many people who read that the Edge Pro or the OFR would be direct fit, and after they payed $250 they realized it doesnt work with theirs.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

The legato must just flow from your fingers with that guitar.

Love it!!!
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
I know. I would have raged. But thank you for the info on that, Ill work on replacing it.

No problem man and glad you didn't get ripped off.

The problems I've heard about Edge III's are that the knife edges wear out within a year or so of use. As long as the trem is setup correctly, you should be fine with it for a while.

I may be wrong, if so somebody please correct.
I'm not sure who's right here but I seriously doubt an Edge III would be on a JS1000, including that one. It doesn't look like any Edge III I've used that's for sure.

Regardless, it's a pretty solid guitar. HNGD nonetheless dude.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by TheJem
I'm not sure who's right here but I seriously doubt an Edge III would be on a JS1000, including that one. It doesn't look like any Edge III I've used that's for sure.

Regardless, it's a pretty solid guitar. HNGD nonetheless dude.

It's not JS1000 it's JS100.

Oh and HNGD!!!
I DON'T PLAY METAL!