I need some deathcore bands that play in drop a with six strings
anyone have any idea of any bands?
Drop a with six strings? Modern metal is definently not a bass players genre.
Quote by dfinch10
Drop a with six strings? Modern metal is definently not a bass players genre.

Nile do it. They're a ****ty band yeah, but they still do it. You're acting like it's impossible. Ahh, you have a lot to learn. Music has no rules. Neither does guitar.
Quote by Hangar_18
Nile do it. They're a ****ty band yeah, but they still do it. You're acting like it's impossible. Ahh, you have a lot to learn. Music has no rules. Neither does guitar.

You have a lot to learn if you think Nile sucks.

There is a tuning thead in the metal forum. Search for it.
By the way I am not putting down metal in any way shape or form. I love metal of all genres including death metal. However down tuning an insturment 3 1/2 steps below its intended range is a little ridiculous and slightly greedy. Once you get down to a low C you begin to encroach upon the bass players register. Along with the extreme low tunings used in many modern forms of metal, the synchronization of the bass drum and the guitar rhythmically, completly destroys the bass guitars role in a band. As for Deathcore bands (terrible term) who use drop A with six strings, I cant really think of any off the top of my head. I believe Suicide Silence uses drop A, but with seven strings. However you can probably play most of there songs with a six strings because of the complete lack of leads and usage of the higher strings.
Quote by Hangar_18

First off: **** you. Nile is sick as hell. Second: I wasnt saying its impossible its just not a good idea. Seven string guitars have slightly longer scales than six strings to accommodate for low tunings such as drop a. A six string however is not designed to be tuned that low. By the way most of the guitars Karl Sanders from Nile uses are custom and most likely (im not sure however) have a longer scale then normal to accomodate drop a tuning.