I know the pentitonic. Now what. I know major scale is W W H W W H H and the minor. WHat scales should i learn now?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
pentatonic scales the 5 shapes that connect the fret board i know its 5 note scales . Really just how they connect. So say u can doa 145 progression of say g c d i can use them scales to play over them chords. Just wanna know what i can learn now like the next step. I know pentitonics are the basics.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Have you had a look at the Crusades columns? They give you a really solid idea of how chords/scales fit together and some basic theory. I'd recommend having a look at that and working with the scales you do know atm before looking for more to work with. If you're really desperate for new scales maybe have a look at the minor blues scale, it's used a fair bit in rock/metal-ish music
Well done, you've learned a tiny bit - now you need to learn how to use them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If blues and classic rock is what you want to play, you realistically don't need to know more than the pentatonics. What you should work on (which you may not be able to do right now) is being able to play the minor pentatonic in ANY key on ANY fret.

So, you can probably play the A minor pentatonic starting on the 5th fret. But can you play the E minor pent on the 5th fret? How about the third fret? How about only on the B and G strings? How about the F minor pent on the 6th fret? Learn how to do all these things without even thinking about it, that's what will make you a better rock player.
Quote by silly6-string
I know the pentitonic. Now what. I know major scale is W W H W W H H and the minor. WHat scales should i learn now?
Major scale is WWHWWWH

Do you now the intervals of the major scale and do you know what notes are in each - or at least how to work it our quickly? If you do, for major and minor, and the pentatonics, do you know how they're related to each other - how you can derive the minor and pentatonic scales from the major scale? Can you harmonise those scales? Can you play them all over the neck? Can you USE them?

Personally, I'd make sure I can do at least most of that lot before learning any more scales.
go with Mixolydian scales .... once you know all variations of the major scale you can basically learn anything after that. Just learn the ones you think you are gonna use
LET THERE BE ROCK
Byzantine, it sounds cool.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.