Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of getting one the Blackstar Artisan 15W combos as my first proper amp, I know these amps get good reviews, I just wanted to know if anyones played on them & what they thought. I play mainly classic rock, Sabbath, Zepp, AC/DC, some metal, Metallica, megadeth & some indie & alternative.
I know it could nail the classic rock & I would add a distortion & overdrive pedal to get the metal tones.
I don't gig but I'm looking for a band, so I'm thinking this amp would be good as I can drop it to 5W for home use & 15W for jamming & gigging.
When I go & try the amp are there any others that I should look at that fit my needs, I would prefer a combo & my budget is around £800.

Cheers guys.
It depends on what distortion pedal you are thinking of buying. If it is a high quality, boutique distortion then it could work out fine (ex. Box of Metal), but if you are spending that much money there are better options for you.
I was gonna get Blackstar pedals as well, any other amp suggestions?
Last edited by benk1 at Jul 13, 2009,
I'd reckon you could get an ENGL Thunder for 800 euros. You might also want to check out some used Marshall JCMs.
From what I remember it was very clear and articulate but there wasn't much drive at sensible levels, I think. That was the 30 watt 212 so it will have been a lot louder. They're great amps but I just didn't get exactly what I wanted from the one I tried. And I really wanted to love it too
it'll do the classic rock stuff, i don't think it'll do metallica and megadeth without some serious help from pedals, though.

I thought it was alright, i was far from blown away, though. you have a lot of options at £800.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think they are being hyped up alot, dunno if it is just hype.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
^ i tried one in the belfast guitar emporium, you could maybe try one there (if they still have it, it's a while since I've been). But i agree about the hype, any time anything is hyped up I get very suspicious/cynical/wary.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's an awesome amp but for metal you will need a quality distortion pedal.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...