what is your opinion on this subject.
everybody has a different opinion on it
but i want to hear yours

should drugs play a large role , if any at all , in metal?
No, thats really stupid. Drugs shouldn't need to play a role in any form of music(Mind you, they will enhance the experience MUCH MUCH MORE)
no
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
drugs and alcohol play a role in all music. even classical composers used opium back in the day
Quote by dead_bury_dead
but i want to hear yours

is that supposed to be a poem or something?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I don't see any reason why it should or shouldn't.

but no.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
nahh but theres always gonna be people who will use drugs cause everyone loves being apart of some form of "scene"
feck no
im actually tired of meeting great metal players that are keen to form a band but then find out they smoke a pothouse a day
Drugs in metal no?
Drugs in metal (and other) musicians howewer...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Most of these so called well 'ard metallers that say there drunk or drugged up onstage are either a) a liar or b) cant play at all well live its just a cliched image that is expected that every other metal band feels the need to follow haha and metalheads say emos follow the crowd
Quote by benjixoath
Most of these so called well 'ard metallers that say there drunk or drugged up onstage are either a) a liar or b) cant play at all well live its just a cliched image that is expected that every other metal band feels the need to follow haha and metalheads say emos follow the crowd

Dave Mustaine - He was drugged up out of his mind on stage, yet he almost never made mistakes.

Honestly I don't believe drugs SHOULD be a part of metal, but in the recipe for a great metal band, there will always be drugs involved, I don't think it's always because people think "We'll be cool if we do drugs", but more because a large number of people in the metal community (At least the thrash or old school community, the way it used to be) have had problems in their life, and at one stage, have tried drugs for whatever reason, and become addicted. It's just the way it works out.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
not specifically metal, just music in general

Quote by Jesstaa
Honestly I don't believe drugs SHOULD be a part of metal, but in the recipe for a great metal band, there will always be drugs involved, I don't think it's always because people think "We'll be cool if we do drugs", but more because a large number of people in the metal community (At least the thrash or old school community, the way it used to be) have had problems in their life, and at one stage, have tried drugs for whatever reason, and become addicted. It's just the way it works out.

lol?
It's a stereotype mostly ... I used to have long hair, Listen to metal and where band tees every day to school. People ask me if i'll sell them some weed I absolutely Hate drugs and people who do ... but like learning about them
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by crisisinheaven
feck no
im actually tired of meeting great metal players that are keen to form a band but then find out they smoke a pothouse a day

And how would this affect it? If they are good players, just ask them not to smoke before jamming. Pot doesn't affect your playing too terribly much.
No. Drugs usually don't enhance creativity, which is why bands on lots of drugs tend to go downhill pretty rapidly. Sure, there's some exceptions, but it's not a good thing for a lot of bands.

Quote by Jesstaa
Dave Mustaine - He was drugged up out of his mind on stage, yet he almost never made mistakes.

Yeah, but he's Dave Mustaine. Lots of other drugged up guitarists are just drugged up guitarists.
Quote by SGibson666
And how would this affect it? If they are good players, just ask them not to smoke before jamming. Pot doesn't affect your playing too terribly much.

Smoking pot is totally unoriginal dude.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by SGibson666

Unless you're jamming high, then it's just a mess.
Quote by JayT44
It's a stereotype mostly ... I used to have long hair, Listen to metal and where band tees every day to school. People ask me if i'll sell them some weed I absolutely Hate drugs and people who do ... but like learning about them

Dude, I don't know how many times I've been asked for everything. I'll just ****in be sitting there eating lunch and all of a sudden like 3 guys will be next to me asking if I can get them cocaine or pills or something like that. It's not even like I actually do ****. I haven't even smoked in close to a year. It feels so much better to be sober.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by slipknot5678
Ive never done any of that **** and people ask me that

I'm cool with straight edges(Used to be one), but it bothers me when they look down onto people who drink or smoke or whatever. And, tbh, as metalhead's, we do sorta look like we do drugs.
I like drug, and I think it's a personal choice, not something about music or whatever
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by dead_bury_dead
but i want to hear yours

should drugs play a large role , if any at all , in metal?

Metal should always be 100% metal. Look at the Titanic, it wasn't 100% metal, and it sank. This means, metal should always be pure, or else, it won't be strong enough.

...Don't put drugs in your metal.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
To be blunt, most metal players can't afford large quantities of any drug, except perhaps pot.
I think Drugs can play a part in writing music, but a musicians doesn't have to be on drugs to make good music. Drugs makes the music sound different an' stuff.
DeVillains!
Quote by DeathToSexy
Drugs go with EVERYTHING.

This.

Had a sucky day? what do you do pop a beer thats just as much of a drug as weed is so much hypocrisy here,move along .....
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
If music is good with the aid of drugs, k, koo.
If music is good without the aid of drugs, that makes it even better, because that means the source of the awesome music is raw talent, not drugs, which in this case is really musical steroids or plastic surgery.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Nexium
This.

Had a sucky day? what do you do pop a beer thats just as much of a drug as weed is so much hypocrisy here,move along .....

Except having one beer is unlikely to get you pissed, whereas having a spliff is going to get you stoned. Doesn't compare. A crate of beer, perhaps.
Quote by webbtje
Except having one beer is unlikely to get you pissed, whereas having a spliff is going to get you stoned. Doesn't compare. A crate of beer, perhaps.

Idk. I think drugs and alcohol are on COMPLETELY different levels ... that's just me
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Drugs are fairly common among metalheads, but they have little to do with the music. Except for stoner metal, obviously.
Quote by JayT44
Idk. I think drugs and alcohol are on COMPLETELY different levels ... that's just me

Why? Alcohol is a drug. And its effects aren't too different from many illegal drugs. And the difference between say, weed and cocaine is far bigger than the difference between alcohol and weed.

EDIT: Okay, slightly bigger. But my point is I don't get why people can say "drugs" to mean all illegal recreational drugs, and condemn them as a whole, while having individual opinions of alcohol or nicotine. I mean, people don't generalise all legal drugs, despite having just as wide a range of effects and dangers.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 13, 2009,
I think its pretty sad when a person relys on drugs to bring out their creativity. I really think thats nothing more than a sad attempt at an excuse as to why they do it.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████