Guess what. It's that bloody buzz. Yes i've read ultimate setup thread.
The guitar is cort g254 and it has d'addario 10-46 string set. The thing is that wound strings buzz from 2nd fret all the way up to 14th fret. My neck is pretty straight, i checked it with the first and last fret trick. Also action is like 2-2.5 mm. Buzz tends to disappear when action is 3+mm but thats too high. Also it can't be worn frets because the guitar is quite new only 6 months.
However the buzz is only when i play harder for example power chords or tremolo picking. If i play something clean and light like intro to enter sandman there's no buzz. Also the buzz can't be heard through amp but it's still quite annoying because it lowers sustain and it's hard to practice without plugging in because all you hear is buzz.

I'm quite new (as i said only 6 months) nd i wanted to ask if this is what most guitarists face and doesn't pay attention to( cause the buzz isn't noticable through amp) or theres something wrong with me.
Take it to a pro to get it set up.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
is that the only way? because i dont have driving license yet and i think nearest tech is 50km away
My advice is that if you can´t hear it through the amp then just pick lighter and attack the strings in a different angle so they vibrate away from the frets more. That is just my personal preference though.
Since your new, it's possible that the problem is your fretting technique. I'm not sure how good it is, but if you aren't fretting properly, then a harder attack will give a harsher sound, meaning fretbuzz.
Another thing is that the buzz happens only from 2-14 frets. It seems to me like the truss rod isn't adjusted properly, and you have inward bow. When you capo'd the first fret, and fretted the last, around 7-8 fret, how high exactly are the strings off from the frets?
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Vlasco
My advice is that if you can´t hear it through the amp then just pick lighter and attack the strings in a different angle so they vibrate away from the frets more. That is just my personal preference though.

yeah i'll go with most of my guitars have the smallest of all fretbuzz at the low frets so i have low action all the way up the fretboard and it can't be heard through an amp.
adjust the truss rod to give the neck more relief (more concave bow) or raise the action 1/4 turn untill the buzz stops. but if you cant hear it through the amp then carry on as you are.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by Baby Joel
Since your new, it's possible that the problem is your fretting technique. I'm not sure how good it is, but if you aren't fretting properly, then a harder attack will give a harsher sound, meaning fretbuzz.
Another thing is that the buzz happens only from 2-14 frets. It seems to me like the truss rod isn't adjusted properly, and you have inward bow. When you capo'd the first fret, and fretted the last, around 7-8 fret, how high exactly are the strings off from the frets?

its pretty low, like thin credit card
ill try to adjust truss rod later as im going out soon
thx for replies