I can get one brand new for $450 AUSTRALIAN from a guy that bought it and never took it out the box. How are they in terms of playability, I recently started GASing for teles, jags and other shapes like them and this came across on perthbands. No pictures yet but I left a message saying I will offer my Schecter (which retails for $100 more then the tele) and if he doesn't want trades/it isn't enough I can throw in my VOX wah or sell the VOX and schecter.

I have heard good things about the vintage Modified and classic vibe series squiers, so do you think I should get it? I play all genres from BB king to Children of bodom which is why a HH tele appeals to me. I play through a Peavey vypyr 30.

sorry for another thread azn guitarist but I couldn't find a RG321 cheap
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Go play it if you can, and if you like it, get it!

I've got the P90 version and it plays beautiful. It's beaten a PRS SE, and is nicer than a few MIM's. The build quality is great, no problems with the tuners and it intonates pretty well. For a squier, it's fookin great!

I don't know how good that is for the price though. I got mine for £120 uk.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Jul 13, 2009,
They're made of three-piece low-grade agathis, don't touch them.

The only Squiers worth a damn are the Classic Vibe series. I don't know where this myth started that the Vintage Modified are any good too, but they're not. The CVs are damn good, if a bit unusual. The VMs are trash, as are the Standards, Affinities and Bullets.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

The only Squiers worth a damn are the Classic Vibe series. I don't know where this myth started that the Vintage Modified are any good too, but they're not. The CVs are damn good, if a bit unusual. The VMs are trash, as are the Standards, Affinities and Bullets.

Wrong, They may be made of agathis but they are good and solid guitars

I have owned my VM for almost 2 years now and It is VERY good for the price
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Firstly, agathis is only a good wood once you start getting up to the sort of cut that cost twice what these guitars do. At this level, it is a crippling wood.

Secondly, I've had VM guitars myself previously. They were the worst piles of ****e I've ever had the misfortune of playing (I still have Nam-like flashbacks of the Strat version in particular). The one and only redeeming factor about any of them is a couple of them have slightly better stock pickups than most Squiers, that's it. But then again so does the Classic Vibe series, and the CVs have much better bodies and necks too at the same price point.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by MrFlibble
Firstly, agathis is only a good wood once you start getting up to the sort of cut that cost twice what these guitars do. At this level, it is a crippling wood.

Secondly, I've had VM guitars myself previously. They were the worst piles of ****e I've ever had the misfortune of playing (I still have Nam-like flashbacks of the Strat version in particular). The one and only redeeming factor about any of them is a couple of them have slightly better stock pickups than most Squiers, that's it. But then again so does the Classic Vibe series, and the CVs have much better bodies and necks too at the same price point.

But in Australia I can get a new classic vibe strat/tele for $200 more then a MiM strat 2nd hand.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by MrFlibble

I like the Deluxe Standard. They use Basswood and pickups that I prefer over standard Fender pickups. Also with the thick 70´s neck, 22 frets, 2 point bridge. I love mine a lot.

I´ve played some VM Squiers and they were not horrible, but they certainly were far from great. It is hard to get a horrible guitar these days it seems - even the cheapest stuff is playable.
Quote by r4ster
Is the classic vibe series better than MiM or MIA fenders ?

It'a not better than a MIA that's for sure, and it's about on par with a Standard MIM. It's good that's a few bob cheaper aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero