I've already posted a question on this site, a little while ago, asking which amp to buy. And i was recommended to buy a Marshall jcm 800,900, or 2000 ... and since i couldnt find any 800's or 900's, i decided to go with a 2000.

Now my question is. Should i go for the Head+Cab? or should i go for a combo? ... if i was going to buy a head, i'd probably go with the 50w, because i think 100w's are a bit too loud.

the plus side about the head+cab is that its more proffesional, and is more versatile.. like, i can get a new cab or head and mix things around for some variety. So in short, it would be more usefull in the long run.

the downside about the head+cab is that it costs almost double the amount, and i just wanna know if its worth it?

And on a side-note, does anyone know if the Vintage Modern heads are good? ..
owh yea.. should probably mention that..

my budget is pretty much whatever i have the patience to save up for... so i can afford both, the head+cab will just take a bit longer...

and my style... is very mixed.. my major inspirations are: Coldplay, Muse, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Green Day, The Clash, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.. and a few others...

And yes, i gig a bit.. but planning on doing more seriously in the very near future..
If you're getting a 2000, make sure you get a newer one, the old ones have alot of problems, and I'm pretty sure the new ones have them all worked out.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Vintage JCM800's are good, so are pretty much any of their trademark amps but I'm not much of a fan of Marshall personally, despite my owning of the Haze...yech.

I say go Orange, Tiny Terror Head anyone? Cab wise I'd wait for someone else to reply to that, I'm not exactly sure.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
i'd say go with the combo. you can change the speaker in a combo to. unless your gigging seriously aleast once a week theres no reason for a halfstack that size. i also reccomend you look at a fender supersonic when you go to buy your amp. i think it'd suit the style of music you play. i think its about 1200-1300 USD.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by TheJem
Vintage JCM800's are good, so are pretty much any of their trademark amps but I'm not much of a fan of Marshall personally, despite my owning of the Haze...yech.

I say go Orange, Tiny Terror Head anyone? Cab wise I'd wait for someone else to reply to that, I'm not exactly sure.

Tiny Terror isn't versatile at all,and frankly it isn't that good. I'd take the JCM2000, or even an 800 used. You won't be able to find them new, because they don't make them anymore.
Quote by joshpunk
owh yea.. should probably mention that..

my budget is pretty much whatever i have the patience to save up for... so i can afford both, the head+cab will just take a bit longer...

and my style... is very mixed.. my major inspirations are: Coldplay, Muse, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Green Day, The Clash, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.. and a few others...

And yes, i gig a bit.. but planning on doing more seriously in the very near future..

Then you should wait for an 800.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

ok thanx for the help guys! but theres alot of debate about the 800 vs 2000 .. whats the big difference between them? .. if theres a substantial difference, i can start looking for an 800 instead?
Quote by GNRjungle87
Tiny Terror isn't versatile at all,and frankly it isn't that good. I'd take the JCM2000, or even an 800 used. You won't be able to find them new, because they don't make them anymore.

I kind of like the way it sounds, even when a boost is on and you're in metal territory. Just me though, I will say a JCM800/2000 is still a great amp to own even if I'm not much of a fan.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Where are you located?

A couple years back I was looking for a JCM800, but I live in an extremely small town, and it took months to find one. I'd say if your wanting to try one out, go with the JCM2000, it will be easier to find in a store if your in a small town, but if you go and buy one online, I'd go with the JCM800... I personally like the 800 better because its more of a "vintage" (sort of) amp.