Well I was going to buy a Blue for my AC15, and I noticed they come into 8 ohms and 16 ohms.

Is there any reason why VOX chose to use a Blue 8 in their amps and not the 16? Apparently with the 16 you get to have an external cab as well, so why eliminate this convenience?
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
cuttings costs perhaps? its the same reason why they don't use point to point wiring anymore: less work.
Quote by JayLacelle
cuttings costs perhaps? its the same reason why they don't use point to point wiring anymore: less work.
It's the same price.

Thanks anyway.
That's not nesacerally true actually about the external cab. But really the reason you wouldn't have a 16 is that the amp probably isn't designed to have a 16ohm load. It would be able to run it, but on one speaker the power output would be reduced.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
That's not nesacerally true actually about the external cab. But really the reason you wouldn't have a 16 is that the amp probably isn't designed to have a 16ohm load. It would be able to run it, but on one speaker the power output would be reduced.
The warfdale speaker you can also get with it is 16, and there's a switch between 8 and 16 impedance.