I'm planning on buying a new guitar, and this seems like the one for me. The only problem is that none of the shops in my area have them in stock, so I'd have to order it without playing it. I've played the American Standard and Nashville Tele, and they felt great to me. So how similar are the aforementioned guitars and the Blackout Tele? Has anyone had any god/bad experiences with it?
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Ask your local shops if they could get one or two in for you, most shops will be happy to do this for customers. Never played it myself, is it an american made tele? If so, their might be a few duff ones in a batch, but not so many as in a batch of mexis
Quote by Matt-92
Ask your local shops if they could get one or two in for you, most shops will be happy to do this for customers. Never played it myself, is it an american made tele? If so, their might be a few duff ones in a batch, but not so many as in a batch of mexis

Not it's MIM. It has the same neck shape as a Standard MIA, so you've got the feel (sorta) there, and yeah. I think it has the same pickups as an American Vintage Tele.

It's a higher end MIM, so it's defo gonna be better than a Standard one.

Or something like that.

EDIT: It doesn't have the same pickups as the MIAs, but it's got better pickups than a normal MIM anyway.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jul 13, 2009,
used to have one
it was asume
tho the buzing was quite annoying but that cant be help since it was since coil.
you can get some really good sounds out of it, not as twangy as other telecasters
i put a bigsy on it and it so cool
miss it T_T