Hello people,

I'm new here, and actually registered here because I have a problem that you guys may be able to help me with as I don't know what to do myself. I've got an Ibanez RG1527 with a Edge Pro 7 bridge, and here's the problem:
The bridge of my guitar was angled upwards, so I tightened the screws on it, but when even that did not work I deciced to put in an extra spring to try to even out the tension, and when I opened it up again I noticed that the sustain block was loose, and this makes it practically impossible to set up and play my guitar. Now what? Do I have to buy a whole new bridge (which is a lot of money, that I don't have right now) or are there any cheaper solutions?
I can make some pictures of it if needed.

thanks in advance!

Chris
i would have put that gif of "this thread is useless without pictures!" but im using a ipod touch and i cant copy and paste.

on topic.
i have no idea of what this sustainer block is...
i think you mean spring claw.. but idk.

tho it might be posible to lock your trem until you can buy the stuff to fix it.
thats only if it locks :/
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
the block is loose?

simple, take ALL the sadles off, you should see about three screws that bolt the plate and the block together, tighten them bitches and your ready to go!

(assuming the edge pro is like every other trem ive ever worked on)

conordit- if it gets loose again, you may want to take it out and use a TINY bit of threadsealer on it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
from what i know at least on strat style trems the block is replaceable, im not sure about an edge pro or a floyd or anything, but if it is similar theres probably some screws under the saddles you can use to tighten it
Thanks! i'm now gonna try to take all the sadles off, i'll let you know if it works or not.
Ok, thanks a lot Conor1148, this was the solution. I can now play my 7 string again, I thought it broke and didn't even know about the screws that hold the two together.

thanks guys!
DAMN, I think it's actually broken now. I tightened the screws, and it holded for a day.. but now it is back to how it was, and the block is loose again. What can I do now, because tightening the screws doesn't help and I think the reason that it got loose in the first place is that the thread was stripped a bit, and now it's so bad that I can't even tighten all of the screws anymore. What can I do that will work? Would Loctite be a solution? I used thread seal tape, but this did not work either. Is there maybe another way to fasten the sustain block, as I'm trying to avoid having to spend 270 euro's on a new bridge, just because the sustain block has stripped threads.

thanks,

Chris
i would try a tad bit of loctite before buying anything new,

im sure you could get just the block from SOMEWHERE
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Yeah, I think i'm going to try Loctite, but I'm not counting on it to work as the tape didn't do anything at all either. But who knows. Finding a new sustain block for an Edge Pro, the 7 string version, is going to be pretty hard though, I've been browsing the internet for it but it doesn't look like you can order them anywhere, not even on http://www.ibanezrules.com .
Quote by Schmuck
Yeah, I think i'm going to try Loctite, but I'm not counting on it to work as the tape didn't do anything at all either. But who knows. Finding a new sustain block for an Edge Pro, the 7 string version, is going to be pretty hard though, I've been browsing the internet for it but it doesn't look like you can order them anywhere, not even on http://www.ibanezrules.com .
Before you Loctite stuff, check with the 7 string folks here.

Quote by POWERMETAL!
take your block to a local machine shop and see if they cant make you a new one out of brass or something..? that's what i'd do.

This... Brass is easy to work with, so you may even get one that's slightly better than the original.
yeah, sound like a good solution! And I'll post on the 7 string forum, see what they think about it. thanks.