what are the scales that a guitarist need to know?
so far, i know major, n minor, m minor, h minor, pentatonic major, pentatonic minor, blues
do you guys feel like practicing one octave scale is better than two octave? cause i find it easier to stick.
You might think you know those scales. But do you really? Can you harmonize the major scale? Do you know all the intervals for the scales? What's a minor sixth above Cb? What's a perfect fifth above G? How do you spell a Db melodic minor scale? What frets on the A string can you find an A#? On the B string? What are the intervals in a harmonic minor scale?

If any of those questions took you more than a minute, then keep working. But once you have all that stuff you listed down (and I really mean "have it down"), then you'll be golden. All of those scales combined with accidentals here and there are going to give you pretty much any modern song/solo you wanna play.
Quote by timeconsumer09
You might think you know those scales. But do you really? Can you harmonize the major scale? Do you know all the intervals for the scales? What's a minor sixth above Cb? What's a perfect fifth above G? How do you spell a Db melodic minor scale? What frets on the A string can you find an A#? On the B string? What are the intervals in a harmonic minor scale?

You sir, just blew my mind.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
go from bottom string to top string.

Another useful way of practicing scales in multiple octaves is doing 2 or 3 string combinations, but starting low on the neck and moving higher, rather than staying in one specific area.