im not trying to dis pop punk but im yet to hear an awesome guitarist come from it. does anyone know of a band with a guitar player thats really talented?
Billie Joe is a decent guitar player, he plays all of the studio stuff, but not live.

Look back at the first 2 Green Day albums and there's some good solos, especially Only of You. He isn't a guitarist to push himself though, because lets be honest, to play pop punk you don't have to be brilliant at guitar.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

noodles from the offspring is pretty great IMO.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Well some of them might be really talented, but the pop punk style is really simplistic so you're not gonna have a lot of crazy solos and stuff.
i doubt it. but who knows maby their is.
Edit : Remember when Mat Heafy did a pop punk type joke band lmao
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by druggietoad2k5
Billie Joe is a decent guitar player, he plays all of the studio stuff, but not live.

Look back at the first 2 Green Day albums and there's some good solos, especially Only of You. He isn't a guitarist to push himself though, because lets be honest, to play pop punk you don't have to be brilliant at guitar.

Yeah, the first compilation album (1039) has alot of decent solos.

Also, the guitarist from Escape the Fate, they aren't pop punk, but they have alot of pop punk influences.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Originally Posted By MattAnderson111
Also, the guitarist from Escape the Fate, they aren't pop punk, but they have alot of pop punk influences.

He's really good, but yeah, not really pop punk, and who would you say influenced them? I can't really hear it that much.
If you think there isn't a good pop punk guitarist, you have never heard Greg Bergdorf (the Zebrahead lead guitarist.)

In my opinion, these songs are his best work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNvTPzJtnbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIYBZvrAOv4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbVCgQGI5zU
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Why does everything have to be fast or contain ****load of solo's? Pop punk is great as it is, with or without solo's.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
Jon Devoto from The Matches.

check out Didi (My Doe Part 2), Sick Little Suicide, Chain Me Free, Their City, and Sunburn Vs The Rhinovirus. If anything, check out Sunburn vs the Rhinovirus

Sunburn video

Didi My Doe Part 2

Their City

only good video of Sick Little Suicide

Chain Me Free
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Last edited by TasianSensation at Jul 13, 2009,
Seen this thread done about 973902379 times.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?