I'll be getting a Squier telecaster soon and I am planning to do some cosmetic mods including getting rid of the logo/decal and changing the pickguard..

the pickguard is choosen to be this : http://store.guitarfetish.com/whmoofpetepi.html

however my question about removing the decal hasnt been answered.

NO I am not going to put a fender logo there because that is just being a poser .. i'd like to leave it blank, giving that simple , even perhaps a vintage look.. So I had some tips saying use #0000 steel wool or a sandpaper but I dont know what i am supposed to do with those. Do I just gently go back and forth on the decals? What about the finishes?
Or is there an another way to do this?

Thanks!
I don't see why you'd want to get rid of it, it's not like you should be ashamed of having a Squier.

Anyways, take the neck and tuners off, and sand the entire face of the headstock, and maybe refinish it if you have to.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
No, Its not that i am ashamed of it, i want to give it a simpler look somewhat like this

i may even get a gold tuner to give it that elegant look but i never replaced tuners before so yea...

so there isnt anyway to just remove the decal? i have to sand off the whole thing?
Quote by Anathetic
No, Its not that i am ashamed of it, i want to give it a simpler look somewhat like this

i may even get a gold tuner to give it that elegant look but i never replaced tuners before so yea...

so there isnt anyway to just remove the decal? i have to sand off the whole thing?

Pretty much, because it's glued on underneath some laquer and all that.

(infact, it might not be glued but yeah, you'll pretty much have to sand it off)
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You could just paint over it or something. Try and make it look like its not there. It's easier than removing the tuners and stuff.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom