Hi

Has anyone had any experience with these single coil pickups:

Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk

Bare Knuckle Irish Tour

Bare Knuckle Apache

What can you tell me about them? What styels are they good for?

Thanks.
Quote by The Chimney Man
Hi

Has anyone had any experience with these single coil pickups:

Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk

Bare Knuckle Irish Tour

Bare Knuckle Apache

What can you tell me about them? What styels are they good for?

Thanks.

I have an Apache in one of my guitars; it's a typical "54 strat" styled pickup. Think Buddy Holly, The Shadows, Dave Gilmour (when he uses/used his 54 strat) etc. However I don't play in these styles very much, I find the "hollow" mid range and the topend "chime" of this style of pickup perfect for most strat applications. if you want heavy sounds or a "texas blues" sorta agression look elsewhere but for a cleaner, smoother, clucky, bouncy sound spend the dough; well worth it... Unless you're in the US in which case check the Lollar Blonde as a good alternative.. Or possibly the Tweed.

I've played the Irish Tour but it didn't really grab me tbh; can do a good "aggressive blues snarl" but there's not much to them to my ear...

Haven't played a Mothers Milk, but I do have a Slow Hand in the middle of one of my guitars... I don't like it at all, it gets very ice-picky at the higher registers and to my ear it's missing some low mids to make it sit in the mix nicely.

As I said above if you're not in the UK/EU I imagine there are cheaper alternatives closer to home.

YMMV etc.
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
if you're in the USA see if you can't find a set of WCR SRs around the internet
Quote by al112987
if you're in the USA see if you can't find a set of WCR SRs around the internet

Sorry I'm in the UK.
My tip is to tell us what styles you play and we'll help you.

Also drop Tim an email, he helped me choose my pickup. Great guy!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009