i want to start playing bass guitar. i am also playing the guitar. i want to try to play both. if there is someone who play's two instruments can they tell me if this is a good idea to take on two things. is Bass really that hard?
There's a bass forum ya' know.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
bass is a completely different beast. Different techniques are involved. I've done it though. It takes some drive, and determination to do it successfully though. Good luck!

I was up to the point where i was learning sweeps on guitar, then i started learning bass, and my guitar playing suffered. Granted, i played bass a little more, cuz i felt i needed to "catch up" to my guitar playing skills.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
I advise you to go to the Bass forum.

I also advise you to spell advice correctly. (I assume you ment advice in the title.)
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I don't think this is the right forum but, I'll give you advice anyway.

if you can play guitar. then learning to play bass will come very naturally for you. guitar and bass and essential the same concept only really difference is bass have thicker strings to allow lower tuning and usually have less strings.
Quote by JacobLampman
I advise you to go to the Bass forum.

I also advise you to spell advice correctly. (I assume you ment advice in the title.)

this..

and also bass is "supposedly" easier.. but to be a good bassist, it takes a lot of practise.. I'm not talking from experience mind, but I've played bass a few times, and it's a lot different in plucking the strings, and fretting etc.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..