Page 1 of 3
hey, I am looking to get a new electric for worship. I want to focus on rhythem more than lead, I have my acoustic set up but am now looking for a good electric. I really am keen to get a hollow body along the ibanez artcore route. My price range is about 400$ to 500$. Have you got any sugestions?
skwissgars wood of christs cross epiphone guitar...lol
"you have a short attention span...

NO were not."-metalocalypse
Since when are certain guitars more religious than others?

Go play a few and find one that plays well, rather than one that is better for worship.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Christian Worship? ^I agree with MetalGS3SE, there are no "worship" guitars
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Since when are certain guitars more religious than others?

Go play a few and find one that plays well, rather than one that is better for worship.

I was wondering this myself. Isn't anything you do to glorify god considered worship? So you could use a broom I would think...

The one serious consideration I can see, would be a classic look, not something like the V suggested earlier. I think a white strat is the classiest guitar out there... (I also own one, )
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
MetalGs3SE and Woozey are right. Guitar is wood, wood is wood, wood is not Religion. TS, have you considered the ESP Okkultist?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jul 13, 2009,
Since when does Worship a specific genre? check out Impending Doom their a Christian Worship band, juts a Christian Brutal Death Metal Worship band.

On Topic: Your talking Third Day type stuff right? Probably a Les Paul or something like that.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Jul 13, 2009,
Be different and get a Brian May guitar.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by bagpipemetal
Since when does Worship a specific genre? check out Impending Doom their a Christian Worship band, juts a Christian Brutal Death Metal Worship band.

On Topic: Your talking Third Day type stuff right? Probably a Les Paul or something like that.

Firstly, clean up that grammatical mess.

I think I get the gist of what your trying to say. I'm assuming you're trying to say that worship isn't confined to one genre, and that bands like Impending doom and
Sleeping Giant are worship just as much as Hillsong United is. While this is true, the fact of the matter is that "Worship" music is commonly associated with ambient soft rock music with I love Jesus lyrics.

Now on to the original topic. It all depends on what you're doing in this worship band. Are you leading worship, as in playing just straight chords, or are you playing lead electric guitar? I play lead in a worship band at my church, and I have never found anything suited better for the job than an Fender American Telecaster.
try to find an old ibanez prestige that's still in good shape.

if you're willing to bump up your price range to about $700, you could get an S2020x with the piezo bridge (so it can sound like an accoustic, sorta).

a neck humbucker with some piezo blended in sounds good to me
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by I Like Me.

I think I get the gist of what your trying to say. I'm assuming you're trying to say that worship isn't confined to one genre, and that bands like Impending doom and
Sleeping Giant are worship just as much as Hillsong United is. While this is true, the fact of the matter is that "Worship" music is commonly associated with ambient soft rock music with I love Jesus lyrics.

Now on to the original topic. It all depends on what you're doing in this worship band. Are you leading worship, as in playing just straight chords, or are you playing lead electric guitar? I play lead in a worship band at my church, and I have never found anything suited better for the job than an Fender American Telecaster.

Way to take a shot at your own genre. I love it. What everyone is getting at is that you may find the Telecaster best for what you are doing, but that means it suits your preference, not that genre. Basically anything that is not intended for br00tz will do fine. In fact, at my church (meaning I go for Easter every year ) the lead guitarist just bought a Schecter. I couldn't believe it, he went from a nice old Strat to a dual humbucker Schecter, it still sounds fine though, just a bit harsh.

Also: Don't take shots at people's grammar. English may not be his native language. Also your grammar is far from perfect... Glass houses?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Jul 13, 2009,
pray for one?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
When I play on my worship team I use my les paul. Although my friend uses a strat. I find Tele's are great to. but pick anything. seriously pick what YOU like it doesn't really matter.

If there are 2 electric guitars grab a strat or tele. if not grab a les paul, they fill out the sound better imo.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
As you can see, the fourteen year olds (and some older folks) tend to get carried away with their reigion bashing, it's a common theme.

I liked the ibanez artcore's I've played more than dots, but I think I'd rather have a sheraton if you're not opposed to looking on the used market. That's assuming you want to go the hollow/semi-hollow route
One that's shaped like a cross.

Honestly though, semi-holo.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Quote by pak1351
As you can see, the fourteen year olds (and some older folks) tend to get carried away with their reigion bashing, it's a common theme.

I liked the ibanez artcore's I've played more than dots, but I think I'd rather have a sheraton if you're not opposed to looking on the used market. That's assuming you want to go the hollow/semi-hollow route

I agree, just leave the kid alone guys.

DEFINITELY go artcore (AS83s are my favorite) if you want hollow/semi hollow body.

like I said though I think that a Les Paul is the way to go if it's just one guitar. it really fills stuff out.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by tubetime86
Way to take a shot at your own genre. I love it. What everyone is getting at is that you may find the Telecaster best for what you are doing, but that means it suits your preference, not that genre. Basically anything that is not intended for br00tz will do fine. In fact, at my church (meaning I go for Easter every year ) the lead guitarist just bought a Schecter. I couldn't believe it, he went from a nice old Strat to a dual humbucker Schecter, it still sounds fine though, just a bit harsh.

Also: Don't take shots at people's grammar. English may not be his native language. Also your grammar is far from perfect... Glass houses?

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you meant by the Glass Houses comment.

In response to the whole "taking a shot at my own genre" comment, I don't think my genre is perfect. I take shots at it because the worship lyrics that people write today are really empty and hollow. They don't really say anything. Just I love Jesus, thank you Jesus etc. WHICH IS GOOD! Don't get me wrong. But it ends there, that's all that is said anymore. Which is NOT good.

Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't be taking shots at peoples grammar, I'll give you that one.
Quote by I Like Me.
I'll be honest, I have no idea what you meant by the Glass Houses comment.

In response to the whole "taking a shot at my own genre" comment, I don't think my genre is perfect. I take shots at it because the worship lyrics that people write today are really empty and hollow. They don't really say anything. Just I love Jesus, thank you Jesus etc. WHICH IS GOOD! Don't get me wrong. But it ends there, that's all that is said anymore. Which is NOT good.

Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't be taking shots at peoples grammar, I'll give you that one.

The thing about your own genre was a joke, just happy to hear a worship band member agreeing that the lyrics are generally terrible.

Glass houses refers to the saying "Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house." As in; don't judge people's grammar if yours isn't so great.

Really though, I think we all need to be cautious of that, just to make this site accessible to people who aren't so great at english, particularly written english, which is a very difficult language. That is becoming a pet peeve of mine, as I've read some threads where people who have great grammar, for a non-english speaker, get truly offended by someone's critique. /rant
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Just so you know. I copmletley Christian music lyrics right now are absolutely horrid.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86
The thing about your own genre was a joke, just happy to hear a worship band member agreeing that the lyrics are generally terrible.

Glass houses refers to the saying "Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house." As in; don't judge people's grammar if yours isn't so great.

Really though, I think we all need to be cautious of that, just to make this site accessible to people who aren't so great at english, particularly written english, which is a very difficult language. That is becoming a pet peeve of mine, as I've read some threads where people who have great grammar, for a non-english speaker, get truly offended by someone's critique. /rant

Thanks for the glass house explanation, and you definitely have a solid point. You've convinced this UG'er.
Quote by tubetime86
I think a white strat is the classiest guitar out there... (I also own one, )

I have to disagree, not long ago I was in a guitar center and saw a warm white Schecter Tempest with black binding, chrome hardware and chrome pickup covers that was flat out stunning. I would give it the class crown any day. That guitar was so good looking it almost displaced the C-1 Classic I was trying to test drive, but unfortunately it has a big ole neck joint

On topic, can we assume you're looking for nice, sweet sounding cleans? The holowbody (or semi-holowbody, for added versatility) of your choice should work great, but I can't give any specific recommendations. In the solidbody world, Fender reigns King of the Cleans. The question is just how much Fender can you afford?
Quote by Blaster Bob
I have to disagree, not long ago I was in a guitar center and saw a warm white Schecter Tempest with black binding, chrome hardware and chrome pickup covers that was flat out stunning. I would give it the class crown any day. That guitar was so good looking it almost displaced the C-1 Classic I was trying to test drive, but unfortunately it has a big ole neck joint

On topic, can we assume you're looking for nice, sweet sounding cleans? The holowbody (or semi-holowbody, for added versatility) of your choice should work great, but I can't give any specific recommendations. In the solidbody world, Fender reigns King of the Cleans. The question is just how much Fender can you afford?

Smart man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Me.

I know what he meant by worship I was Just commenting (Someone should cover some 'Here I am to worship' in metal style)

Also, my Grammer sucks I has being worst in the place for now. Really I does though so don't worry about it My first language is Pig-Latin

TS, A Tele Thinline? I've seen worship bands with those.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by Bostonrocks
When I play on my worship team I use my les paul. Although my friend uses a strat. I find Tele's are great to.

Worship team?

(No offense. I'm Catholic and this whole idea of guitars in church is just weird. The only instrument we get is a pipe organ.)
(No offense. I'm Catholic and this whole idea of guitars in church is just weird. The only instrument we get is a pipe organ.)

High Five!
get Nergals signature seven string esp then play Christgrinding Avenue

what type of worship music?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Last edited by Holy-Diver at Jul 13, 2009,
I'm a bit more charismatic. We play rock'n'roll worship for the most part.

we have a whole band

3 electrics (it sounds HUGE)
a acoustic
drums
bass
2 backup singers.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jul 13, 2009,
Quote by Bostonrocks
I'm a bit more charismatic. We play rock'n'roll worship for the most part.

we have a whole piece band.

3 electrics (it sounds HUGE)
a acoustic
drums
bass
2 backup singers.

Is 4 guitars really necessary?

Also, no lead singer?

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
acoustic player sings lead.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Is 4 guitars really necessary?

Also, no lead singer?

Yes 4 guitars if freakin' awesome.

2 guitars panned left and right. the acoustic up the middle and a lead guitar player
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
thinline tele is another one to add to your list.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
I use my freinds Ibanez RG for worship.

There are no religeous gutars, just guitars for a certain sound. I get the sound he's going for.
Page 1 of 3